Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Call of duty modern warfare 3

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Which would be great if new releases weren't typically £5+ more on Steam than you can buy them for elsewhere. I wanted to buy Skyrim on Steam so I would get it asap but they want £35 - instead I ordered it for £28 on Amazon, and even including first class delivery (so it should arrive either on the day or release or maybe even the day before) it's costing just under £30 and I get a pre-order bonus. I love Steam (and I do buy a lot of games on there, typically those that are on offer) but their pricing on new games pisses me off.

In that respect you are right and for Skyrim and Saints Row The Third I did exactly the same.

It was a bit of a waste getting first class postage though as I wont be able to play Skyrim until Monday.

The best thing about Steam is the Summer and Winter sales.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Want to get it but I'm not sure if it will run smoothly on my laptop, it runs Black ops fine.

If it runs blops it should be be okay with MW3, from what I understand MW3 is running on a slightly updated engine of MW2 which is generally seen as being much better optmoised than the blops engine.

AgerBomb22

Jun 2, 2011
Chi Town/Burgess Hill
Got it after a 40 min wait in chichester but due to Uni "restrictions" on xbox live and PSN i cant play online till the xmas hols :(. single player looks really good though :)

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
it should be waiting for me at home. and yes, i'm very excited.

straight to single player for me though. maybe some online for desert.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Actually even without the ordering online thing it still puzzles when people queue up for a game.

Its probably one of the only moments of actual true-life social interaction in their lives.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I've had pre-ordered games arrive a day early from Play, BF3 most most recent. I wasn't sure if I wanted MW3 on launch, but like a sucker I picked up Xbox copy at Tesco on way to work. Bit of campaign then onto a bit of multiplayer, I may pop back for a spot of BF3 as the riff raff will be on MW3.

jello the cgull

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
With Batman, Uncharted 3, MW3 and Skyrim, will anyone actually have a life outside of PSN, XBox Live and Facebook?

Flex Your Head

I’m looking forward to getting my copy this eve – I’ve waited to do our weekly shop till today so I can pick it up for £28.99 at Sainsburys! Shame there won’t be any Nazi Zombie stuff though; I think that’s possibly been my favourite aspect of the whole series.

As for Battlefield 3, I’ve had it for a couple of days (on 360) but am suffering dreadfully. The Team Deathmatches are simple enough if you don’t mind having your arse served up on a plate again and again and again, but the other game versions are a tad baffling. Conquest is pretty much ‘domination’ and is what I’ve been playing most… but it’s bloody hard.
I started one round in a helicopter last night, took off to a height of about 25 foot before plummeting back to earth, killing me and my unfortunate passenger. Similarly, I was in a plane, didn’t know how to fly it and ended up crashing outside of the battlezone. Tsk!
Is there a training mission or flying tutorial or anything, or will I learn how to control the various vehicles by completing the Campaign?

Also, I’ve read loads of positive stuff saying that BF3’s multiplayer is way more strategic and tactical than COD’s, but no-one ever seems to have their mics on, so I blunder around working as an individual rather than as part of a team. Or is it just because I’m Billy-no-mates as none of my gaming buddies have BF3?

I want to love BF3, but it’s a struggle.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
I’m looking forward to getting my copy this eve – I’ve waited to do our weekly shop till today so I can pick it up for £28.99 at Sainsburys! Shame there won’t be any Nazi Zombie stuff though; I think that’s possibly been my favourite aspect of the whole series.

As for Battlefield 3, I’ve had it for a couple of days (on 360) but am suffering dreadfully. The Team Deathmatches are simple enough if you don’t mind having your arse served up on a plate again and again and again, but the other game versions are a tad baffling. Conquest is pretty much ‘domination’ and is what I’ve been playing most… but it’s bloody hard.
I started one round in a helicopter last night, took off to a height of about 25 foot before plummeting back to earth, killing me and my unfortunate passenger. Similarly, I was in a plane, didn’t know how to fly it and ended up crashing outside of the battlezone. Tsk!
Is there a training mission or flying tutorial or anything, or will I learn how to control the various vehicles by completing the Campaign?

Also, I’ve read loads of positive stuff saying that BF3’s multiplayer is way more strategic and tactical than COD’s, but no-one ever seems to have their mics on, so I blunder around working as an individual rather than as part of a team. Or is it just because I’m Billy-no-mates as none of my gaming buddies have BF3?

There is no tutorial for the jets. Its trial and error. You can practice in a chopper on the 2nd Co-Op level; You'll have access to this from the beginning.

As for Teammates, I rarely play with a mic. I don't like the e-peen swinging contests that the majority of vocal gamers indulge in; Basically I'm not going to be called a fag by an overweight 12 year old American

Last edited:

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing

Perseverance is the key here my friend, once you start to level up and get better kit it'll all make sense. And as fruitnveg pointed out, the jets and helicopters take a lot of practise, but once you get the hang of it you'll get kills for fun. That 'Little Bird' chopper is lethal :D

And Battlefield really shouldn't be played as a Team Deathmatch game, the spawns are awful and there's no vehicles. Just to clarify, Conquest is like a capture the flag mode, but once your team has over half of them captured, the enemy team start to drain tickets (lives). Once one teams tickets drain to zero, the other team wins. In Rush mode, the attacking team has a set number of tickets, and the defenders have unlimited. Once A and B have been destroyed, the attacking teams tickets reset.

If that makes sense.

I much prefer it to Call of Duty, as you have to adapt to everything that's going on, for example if you get killed and then notice they've got a chopper flying about, spawn as the engineer class with the Stinger missile. If everyone's getting shot and killed, spawn as the medic and revive teammates to save tickets.

Last edited:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I finished Uncharted 3 yesterday and am still enjoying Batman: Arkham City, so MW3 can wait. Especially as I don't really enjoy the online element of it, so for me it's just a few hours of single player before I'm done with it. And the single player campaign is always so perilously short that I get wound up at having paid £40 to entertain myself for about as long as an Eastenders omnibus.

Last edited:

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
Got it after a 40 min wait in chichester but due to Uni "restrictions" on xbox live and PSN i cant play online till the xmas hols :(. single player looks really good though :)

Hello ager, I see your posting on my thread ey?!?

Last edited:

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
Online is shit its just mw2 so im calling it modern warfare 2.5 its just shit! I liked MW2 but after playing 29 days on it another game identical to it, it is just boring! I'm back to cod 4 because you just can't beat it!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here