Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There is a lot of truth in this as he did have a bad patch but seems this may well have been down to being played whilst carrying an injury
Not forgetting in this current climate of toy throwing professionals.
He at least gave the impression of taking the managers decision like a model pro, and came back better for it.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
I think he's brilliant. On a technical level he may not be the best in the league, but I would struggle to name many players above him that work as hard, or are as enthusiastic to play for the club. I look at him, Craig Noone, Matt Sparrow and Lua Lua as having the club at heart first and foremost. They'd walk over hot coals for us fans.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He's my favourite Brighton player. It'll be a sad day when he leaves.

dichotomy

Jun 3, 2012
Not sure he's good enough for us,seems better as back up to be honest.
Which may be why he wants away.

If you want hills, valleys and natural beauty, there is nowhere better than Yorkshire despite the fact that the county has an ancient reputation for dark industrial mills. Anyone who says otherwise must never have been there recently because you will never find such unblemished countryside anywhere in the UK except the Highlands of Scotland. Huddersfield is within 20 minutes of the Dales.

Last edited:

dichotomy

Jun 3, 2012
Phone call for Gus "Hi Mr Poyet, would you like to sell your top scoring defender to any other club in this division for peanuts?". Gus, "let me think about it................ Erm, NO!" Slams phone down!
It may well be Mr Gambler that makes the decision and not Gus , particularly if there is another position in the team that needs filling more urgently. Mr Blood ain't that rich compared to other chairmen (including ours)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Which may be why he wants away.

If you want hills, valleys and natural beauty, there is nowhere better than Yorkshire despite the fact that the county has an ancient reputation for dark industrial mills. Anyone who says otherwise must never have been there recently because you will never find such unblemished countryside anywhere in the UK except the Highlands of Scotland. Huddersfield is within 20 minutes of the Dales.
Of course, if Calde has a previously unknown passion for rambling he will be off like a shot.

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
I'd be gutted to see him leave, arguably Poyet's best signing in his reign, to get a player of his quality in when we were fighting relegation in League 1 was a superb piece of of business. Although at times he can be poor defensively, going forward he is different gravy, chips in with some vital goals too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I will never forget that goal.
As it feels like the only one was scored that wasn't right in front of me, in the Family Stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here