Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Peter Smith his agent will be behind this no doubt.
I guess he wouldn't be doing his job properly, if he wasn't.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
no mention of a valuation but it would surely take at least as much as we would need for Greer to let him go I would think - he may have his defensive frailties (no more than the current England right back though in my estimation) but he has defensive strengths too (especially covering crosses from the opposing wing to deep) and he is a massively valuable and influential outlet going forward. His personality, energy, and character also need to be factored in and would be a big miss as he leads by example.

Barnsley are expected to make a third bid for Greer btw so something is making them think it is worthwhile. Expect him to stay though and Calderon although that might be closer run. (Birmingham not reported as interested btw - just Bristol, Hudds and Leeds.) City I suspect would do a Barnsley and make a cheapskate bid. Leeds might be interesting because of their stature and facilities and (despite all they say) they pay well but most likely are probably Huddersfield who may have more spare cash than anyone when Rhodes departs for Premier League glory.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not got a lot of competition at mo has he?
But he's always managed to see off any competition he has had.
Plus not looking to shabby at centre half.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Can't see us selling unless a silly offer TBH..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He and his girlfriend have just had a son. I can't see him wanting to uproot now.
As a point of view that doesn't really hold water.

I've just had a child so I better turn down that extra £5,000 a week, because moving a 2 month old child is impossible.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Cant see him moving at all, he is very happy down here. My mums cousin is actually friends with Inigo (walk their dogs together, has been in the players lounge a fair bit with him too), so ill try and ask.

Also, if Greer did happen to go, Inigo would surely stay simply because its very, very likely he would be made captain.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Not sure he's good enough for us,seems better as back up to be honest.

He was amazing up until August but had a shaky start this season due to his injury. He's been IMMENSE again since he came back from his op. He'll be a force next season for sure..

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
In fairness I can see why some question him. He had a sticky patch and Reyes came in and did well but when he came back towards the end of the season I genuinely think that he added an extra dimension. I would be tempted to think that he now has the ability to make a starting place in the side his own by right, which is something I doubted at one stage. Certainly very very loathe to lose him

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
When he was the captain he was our best player on the pitch in my opinion.
If for some unfortunate reason Greer has to retire in the near future (or Barnsley up their offer to a tempting £8.99) I don't see why Calderon couldn't be our permanent captain for a few years?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He was amazing up until August but had a shaky start this season due to his injury. He's been IMMENSE again since he came back from his op. He'll be a force next season for sure..
Yep, in the second half of the season he was superb. Was already playing well the second time Reyes came back and was unlucky to lose his place imo, but never looked like losing it again once he came back into the team.

He has goals in him too which not a lot of our non attacking players do.

Calde :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here