Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon,

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Good god give it up man. We believe our player, manager and chairman you believe yours we get the message. Post as many quotes as you like its not going to change the fact Calderon is playing for us having had discussions with your lot and we don't care about your chairman/owner/coffee boy

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
Erm, being top of the league pretty much suggests it IS effective does it not??

How do we judge that 'effectiveness' then? By looking at the league table, maybe?

I never said your style wasn't effective, did I.
And since Adkins has come in we've started playing much better football. Under Pardew it was pretty one dimensional. Last season we did so well because of the unpredictability of Waigo and Antonio IMO, and because Lambert had the best season of his career.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
He was asked what the ultimate aim was. And surely the ultimate aim of any club should be to become the best in the country. It's not like your end game is getting to midtable in the NPC - if that's the case where do you go from there?

thats fair enough, we want that aswell, but explain the Style bit please!

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
thats fair enough, we want that aswell, but explain the Style bit please!

The best team in the country always has their own style. Fergies United play differently to anyone else, as do Arsenal, as do Spurs. They are the three best teams in the country right now.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The onus isn't on me to prove myself. You're the ones saying that he SHOULDN'T be trusted, yet no-one has come up with examples of where he has gone back on his word or acted dishonourably.
Fwiw, i'll kick us off - the photographers fee that he introduced was a stupid idea that has since been thrown in the bin. All photographers are now welcome at St Marys.

Well, I read in an interview once last year that before each game, Cortese in a perfectly straight face said that he plays each game on ''his own personal match predictor'' and that according to his match predictor Southampton hadn't done well enough.

It might not be dishonourable but its rank stupidity that a chairman expects to win 8-0 every week becuase football manager on the Spectrum says so. What an absolute plum.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
The best team in the country always has their own style. Fergies United play differently to anyone else, as do Arsenal, as do Spurs. They are the three best teams in the country right now.

so your chairman (Nicola is a GIRLS name shirley?!) is saying you're gonna have a style akin to ARSENAL in a few years then....yeah right...good luck with that!

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

As do Chelsea, as do Bolton, as do Blackpool, as do blah blah. I'd argue that only Arsenal have a unique style. And of course, it isn't as effective as gooners would like to think.

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
Well, I read in an interview once last year that before each game, Cortese in a perfectly straight face said that he plays each game on ''his own personal match predictor'' and that according to his match predictor Southampton hadn't done well enough.

It might not be dishonourable but its rank stupidity that a chairman expects to win 8-0 every week becuase football manager on the Spectrum says so. What an absolute plum.

What a ridiculous thing to say. For example, if you were doing the BBC predictor, what would you predict when Saints went away to Tranmere or Wycombe last season? We didn't win either of those games but we would have been expected to. Therefore we underperformed.
Just because he sits down and looks at the fixtures and actually thinks about whether we should win or not doesn't make him a lunatic - i'm sure every chairman predicts how results should go for their team.

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
so your chairman (Nicola is a GIRLS name shirley?!) is saying you're gonna have a style akin to ARSENAL in a few years then....yeah right...good luck with that!

No, he has never, ever said that. And I doubt he ever will.
The fact you're trying to discredit him because he comes from a different culture which names there children in a way that seems odd to you makes me prone to ignore your arguments anyway.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
No, he has never, ever said that. And I doubt he ever will.
The fact you're trying to discredit him because he comes from a different culture which names there children in a way that seems odd to you makes me prone to ignore your arguments anyway.

oh look the precious SCC fan is getting all technical with humanity jargon......how CUTE!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tyldesly: "Welcome to Wembley for the Champions League Final, and at the start of the season, who on earth would have predicted Spurs making it all the way ?"
Beglin: "Indeed Clive, its an incredible story and you have to give massive credit to Harry, particularly in that semi-final against Barcelona when they looked down and out from the first leg"
Tyldesly: Well it really was quite a turnaround to get those three goals back. But that was a masterstroke from Harry to suddenly switch to the Southampton Style in a game of that importance, but you have to say, it paid dividends".
Beglin: "Yes Clive. Bold move as not many teams are capable of playing Southampton Style, but as Spurs have shown, they're probably the best equipped to attempt it. At times it really was just like watching third division Southampton, and you can't give them higher praise den dat".
Tyldesly: "Absolutely Jim."

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
What a ridiculous thing to say. For example, if you were doing the BBC predictor, what would you predict when Saints went away to Tranmere or Wycombe last season? We didn't win either of those games but we would have been expected to. Therefore we underperformed.
Just because he sits down and looks at the fixtures and actually thinks about whether we should win or not doesn't make him a lunatic - i'm sure every chairman predicts how results should go for their team.

One of the reasons that the Premier league has been good this year is because Blackpool have beaten numerous teams that you wouldn't have expected them to, but I don't hear the chairman of Sunderland, West Brom or Wign slagging their managers off becuase a computer program said they should win. The unpredictability of football is why we watch it and why so many people tear up betting slips every weekend, perhaps because they may have been let down by Southampton to score at home to Notts County despite their multi million pound strike force.

If you don't think it's borderline lunacy that your chairman expects to beat Wycombe because his Macbook says so that's up to you. I'm glad our chairman has never said something so idiotic in all seriousness.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
As long as Dean Wilkins remains at Southampton, they will be playing the Brighton way, but a less effective version of it.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Tyldesly: "Welcome to Wembley for the Champions League Final, and at the start of the season, who on earth would have predicted Spurs making it all the way ?"
Beglin: "Indeed Clive, its an incredible story and you have to give massive credit to Harry, particularly in that semi-final against Barcelona when they looked down and out from the first leg"
Tyldesly: Well it really was quite a turnaround to get those three goals back. But that was a masterstroke from Harry to suddenly switch to the Southampton Style in a game of that importance, but you have to say, it paid dividends".
Beglin: "Yes Clive. Bold move as not many teams are capable of playing Southampton Style, but as Spurs have shown, they're probably the best equipped to attempt it. At times it really was just like watching third division Southampton, and you can't give them higher praise den dat".
Tyldesly: "Absolutely Jim."

This is genius

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here