Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon Signs!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Get in!!!..........get the f**k in ..........................from a deep depression to a grin from ear to ear
sense prevails
oh yes !!!!

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
There has been no climbdown, all this shows is that Gus is a fuckin' PLAYA

(in the hip hop sense, not the spanish meaning)

Dont f*** with Gus and The lizard.
you've nailed it on the head there dread, well I'll go to the foot of our stairs. Can't wait to hear Gus' debrief / spin on this - truly fantastic news.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

SAINTS have missed out on signing right back Inigo Calderon.

In a surprise U-turn, the Spaniard has put pen to paper on a new three-year deal at The Withdean after turning down a more lucrative offer from Saints.

Last month, Seagulls boss Gus Poyet had said the player had no future at Brighton after turning down a new contract offer amid interest from Alan Pardew.

Calderon today said: "I think it would have been two years with Southampton. We were still sorting out the terms.

“The money they were offering was better than Brighton. Of course, that is important, but my feelings were for Brighton."

Pardew is searching for a new right back after releasing Jon Otsemobor, Lloyd James, Graeme Murty and Wayne Thomas, all of whom played in that position for Saints last season

Wrong.

One, it's not THE Withdean, and two, he's signed for ONE YEAR at Withdean. After that, he'll be playing at a handsome, well-desgined, state-of-the-art stadium which will make the Southampton Toilet Bowl look like the plastic miserable place it cannot hide from being.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I like how the Southampton fans are trying to convince themselves it never even happened. :lol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Almost 5,000 views! Even those pathetic and infantile threads about the World's Hardest Animal/Car/Toilet Paper don't draw those kind of crowds pop pickers!

:clap2:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I like how the Southampton fans are trying to convince themselves it never even happened. :lol:

Yeah :lol: "oh yeah yeah we were never interested in him anyway it was just all a load of rumours, what a load of rubbish, he was rubbish when we played them (did he even play in either game against them?) and Brighton are shit."

:censored:

themightyalbion

Mar 28, 2010
Excellent news for us Albion Fans!
The guy was entitled to lookout for his future, but fair play to both him and Gus for swallowing their pride, and getting the deal done! High quality player at this level, and probably the Championship!!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
F**king result, well done Super Gus

VeronaSeagull

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Calderon Signs Three Year Deal
Posted on: Thu 10 Jun 2010

By Paul Camillin

Inigo Calderon has agreed a new three-year contract, after the Spanish right-back decided his future lies with the Albion.

Albion boss Gus Poyet had been confident of signing the former Alaves captain at the end of last season - but the deal stalled after interest from Albion's south-coast rivals Southampton.

However Calderon, who fast became a fans' favourite, has now put pen-to-paper on the contract originally offered by the Seagulls at the end of last season.

He said, "I am pleased everything has been sorted out and that I have now signed a long-term deal with the club.

"I had wanted to talk to Southampton, although my mind was virtually made up. My heart is with Brighton & Hove Albion, I love the city, the fans and the club, and ultimately I did not want to leave.

"However, it was right for me to hear what Southampton had to say, even though I was 99% certain I wanted to sign for Brighton. I am pleased that we have been able to sort everything out and now am looking forward to pre-season.

Calderon will fly back to his home in Bilbao this afternoon, before linking up with the squad for pre-season training in late June, fully recovered from the hip problem which ruled him out of the final three games of last season.

"I expect to be fully fit for the new season. Now the aim is to help the club in its ambitions to reach the Championship, and as soon as possible.

"With the new stadium only one year away, the future for Brighton is very exciting and I am delighted to now be part of that."

Manager Poyet added, "Calde is a quality player and was always our first choice right-back, so this is a very good signing for the club."

The Albion boss had suggested Calderon's Albion days were over, when it emerged the right-back had stalled on signing a new contract on offer at the end of last season.

However, Poyet added, "At the time I made the comments at the end of last season we were very disappointed when he decided to talk to Southampton, as we had worked very hard to agree a deal, and it was us that gave him the chance to establish himself in England.

"In recent months we had not wanted to compete with Southampton in terms of the wages they have been offering to players, but this proves it doesn't always come down to money.

"I am delighted Calde has repaid our faith we showed in him and signed his new deal, and as far as I am concerned that is all in the past now

"He made a big impact in the second half of last season, and will be a major influence for us in the future - and I am sure the fans will welcome this news."

Calderon made 20 appearances for the Seagulls, scoring one goal: a memorable strike in the terrific 2-1 win at Charlton in February.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This is BRILLIANT news... Calde was a star last season, and now he is back HOME... superb!

Southampton and, especially, Pardew (t0sser)... fcuk off! And leave our players / transfer targets alone... Pardew - do your own scouting for once you arrogant half-wit fcuker!

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
im over the moon, i can really see us going up now however will palace mangage to avoid the drop this year?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here