Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon not injured

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Interesting:

Poyet said of Calderon: "I needed to give him a bit of a rest and wanted him to get away and think about plenty of things.

As quoted from argus

Wonder what has happened

The argus is quoting absolute rubbish then as he had a niggle from last Friday and wasn't comfortable before kick off and so Poyet didn't want to risk him.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The argus is quoting absolute rubbish then as he had a niggle from last Friday and wasn't comfortable before kick off and so Poyet didn't want to risk him.

Gus said something very like "I needed to give him a bit of a rest and wanted him to get away and think about plenty of things." in his post match interview on the radio.

It seemed a bit odd.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I have an image of a lot of pointing and shouting in Spanish in the dressing room, with Tanno holding Gus back, Vicente looking wide-eyed and everyone else looking totally confused.

Haha, can just imagine it now.

I am disappointed something has obviously happened that kept him out, but don't feel overly concerned as he wouldn't have been out on the pitch warming up if it was something really serious. Just a shame it happened for our biggest game of the season so far.

Expect him back on Saturday.

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield

Not doubting that, but if he was unfit to play then why was he out there kicking a ball about before the game? Surely that is the last thing a player with a niggle should be doing - especially with another game in four days

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
if he's expecting a footballer to "think about plenty of things" he could be waiting for a long while......................................

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I think we might be reading too much into this.

When Calde was warming up with the subs, he seemed chirpy enough and smiling loads.
If you've had a bit of a tiff with your manager, you wouldn't be laughing about it, I would hope.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I don't particularly like where this story is going.

Does sound like there has been a bit of a spat and Gus has very firmly put him in his place.

I would hope the reports from Daffy Duck about his persona during warm-up is that Inigo has perhaps realised he was in the wrong, and has accepted his punishment. Time to apologise and move on. Gus is not a man to be messed with, just ask Forster. There was perhaps a backroom role for him at the club, but he tried to stamp his feet about a contract when Gus had said he didn't want contract talk in the season, and rather than backroom staff at the Amex, Nicky finds himself at the Crabble.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
If true, this is the worst news about last night. Calde has been brilliant so far and we missed him down the right last night, even though Tarrico played very well.

We did miss Calderon Tanno was brilliant but the defence fell apart when Vincelot replaced Tanno,Vince is not up to it he has to go.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
I don't particularly like where this story is going.

Does sound like there has been a bit of a spat and Gus has very firmly put him in his place.

I would hope the reports from Daffy Duck about his persona during warm-up is that Inigo has perhaps realised he was in the wrong, and has accepted his punishment. Time to apologise and move on. Gus is not a man to be messed with, just ask Forster. There was perhaps a backroom role for him at the club, but he tried to stamp his feet about a contract when Gus had said he didn't want contract talk in the season, and rather than backroom staff at the Amex, Nicky finds himself at the Crabble.

Does sound like there has been a bit of a spat and Gus has very firmly put him in his place
And we threw away 3 points which we could not afford to do after throwing 2 points away on friday

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Calde

All I can glean is that he was dropped, fined, internal matter etc.

Anyone have a CLUE what went on there? Worrying.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
The Rad.Sx interview last night with Gus (10pm) ... in his replies/non-replies, seemed keen to indicate was dropped.
Definitely not injured.

About time. Painter & he, unfortunately, aren't good enough against Champ' widemen.
Long before last night, you could see P'boro, Leeds & Blackpool, destroy them both. Cracks papered over by Dunk & Co rescuing situations, repeatedly; and by goals scored at other end.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If there was a big spat before kick off it might explain the quite out of character performance from the team as a whole ... just wondering ... straws and clutching perhaps

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Rad.Sx interview last night with Gus (10pm) ... in his replies/non-replies, seemed keen to indicate was dropped.
Definitely not injured.

About time. Painter & he, unfortunately, aren't good enough against Champ' widemen.
Long before last night, you could see P'boro, Leeds & Blackpool, destroy them both. Cracks papered over by Dunk & Co rescuing situations, repeatedly; and by goals scored at other end.

This.
You noticed it too. Others haven't yet ... why?
Poor old Greer & Dunk are being pulled out of position covering, and the 2 fullbacks don't attack any more as they're worried.

Freedman, Grayson & co have simply to play dvd's of those 2 to their wideman, and say attack with pace.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
He wouldn't have been out in the warm up if it was serious and something that hadn't been settled.

Not sure about the people saying Calderon has been shown up this season, Painter perhaps, but personally think Calderon has done a good job. We needed his overlapping runs last night badly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here