Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cabaye charged by FA for El-Abd kick

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Watched the EPSN post match summary when I got back the island last night and laughed at John Barnes justification at Cabaye kicking out

Not to mention Warnock on the ITV highlights show saying he thought Cabaye was trying to get a good purchase on the deck and power away from the challenge.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
Looked dirty on the replays but you can't be sure. Difficult to be conclusive.

I've never kicked my legs out while falling over! Its not something you'd do unless you wanted to kick something.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011

Just read Pardew's comments regarding the incident (before FA announced violent conduct charge)

Alan Pardew was quick to leap to Cabaye's defence:

"I thought it was unfair – the guy was coming towards him, and he was trying to keep him away. There’s no malice in that. I’m disappointed the TV highlighted that, I really am.
“Yohan’s not that type of person. Perhaps there weren’t enough incidents in the game and they wanted to try to find something. As far as I’m concerned, he’s done nothing wrong.”
- from nufc.com

Also I didn't see El Abd's comments regarding that were apparently reported in some press on Monday.

Update 2: Monday's newspaper match reports include comments from Albion's Adam El-Abd, who was reportedly told by match referee Lee Probert that he intended to review video footage of his clash with Yohan Cabaye.

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Chris waddle probably thought el Abd headbutted cabaye's boot, he was that biased

U can understand Waddle being biased...NUFC through and through, what a player he was though, a french friend of mine showed me a montage of him playing in France on youtube...absolutely outstanding, and a legend to this day in the south of France! Not got a link, but try and check it out!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Just read Pardew's comments regarding the incident (before FA announced violent conduct charge)

- from nufc.com

Also I didn't see El Abd's comments regarding that were apparently reported in some press on Monday.
El-Abd was coming towards him while flat on his back??

Alan Pardew - still a twat.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
U can understand Waddle being biased...NUFC through and through, what a player he was though, a french friend of mine showed me a montage of him playing in France on youtube...absolutely outstanding, and a legend to this day in the south of France! Not got a link, but try and check it out!

not when he is supposed to b the co commentator ...i don't accept it at all...i do blame the program makers though...shoving 3 peeps with newcastle connections in front of camera

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Watched the EPSN post match summary when I got back the island last night and laughed at John Barnes justification at Cabaye kicking out
I know, makes ESPN's (and ITV) laughing off the incident even more embarrassing.

Well done FA. Not often I'll say that.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
I hope that Barnes and Twaddle now take a good look at what they said on the night but they will probably STILL be in denial and convince themselves that the incident never happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here