Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BZ to Hull (apologies if F...f....f)

Nicky-Number-Nine

Jul 7, 2009
Hull will be building a potentially good squad for next year. Bobby would be a god signing, Bullard will be fit next year I think.
I can see Hull staying up again next year.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Has Bobby's agent trotted out the line yet "Hull was a club that Bobby supported as a boy" :D

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Disagree

Whenever he's played regularly in The Premier League, he has scored goals.

Two years at Hull and then back to us for the final years of his career

:thumbsup:

What?? He STARTED 32 Premiership games last season and scored 2...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Ah but only because that useless ex Palace Twat Johnson was SOOO selfish with the ball..and look how many assists he got....is probably the most likely answer you'll get off a BRIGHTON messageboard discussing BZ :)

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

I seem to recall this debate being on here not too long ago.

In my opinion he has changed his game a lot since we saw him gracing the Withdean pitch. He is no longer the out-and-out striker/goal poacher, but more of a supporting striker who brings other players into the game - which is something I think he does very well. I think he would be a good buy for Hull.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Truth is he seems to have lost confidence in front of goal imo. I only saw him on occasional MOTD highlights but he seemed to be missing goals that he would have put away with his eyes closed when he was here.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't understand why Fulham are selling Zamora. Even if they replace him he's still a decent back-up from the bench, offers various options AND he's at his playing peak.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Ah but only because that useless ex Palace Twat Johnson was SOOO selfish with the ball..and look how many assists he got....is probably the most likely answer you'll get off a BRIGHTON messageboard discussing BZ :)

He also got 2 assists in those 32 starts...

As I said on the other thread, I love the guy for what he done here. But he really isn't that good. At least not in the premiership.

Last year (in the Premiership) -

Starts: 32
Subs: 3

Goals: 2 (0.64% goal to starts)
Assists: 2 (0.64% assists to starts)

Shots: 95
On target: 23 (22%)

Fouls committed: 90
Fouls suffered: 45

IMAGINE what abuse Craig Davies would get with stats like those.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I don't understand why Fulham are selling Zamora. Even if they replace him he's still a decent back-up from the bench, offers various options AND he's at his playing peak.
I wouldn't have thought he'd want to leave either. He had a fairly good season, despite his poor scoring-record (saw him live 3 times, and as has been mentioned, he contributes a lot more in other areass). I thought he'd be relishing at the chance to play in Europe again next season. With a decent team under a great manager.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think BZ's career is now on the way down again, it happens to every player. However I think that he will be a huge success at Hull, as it will be the first time he'll be the 'main man' since leaving us. If he stays fit he'll score 10/15 goals for them next year....I don't know if that will be enough to keep them up, but he'll do alright.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Odds on BZ running out for Albion for the first match at Falmer must be shortening by the month...
Hopefully that'll be down to our rise as a club rather than the downfall of Bobby! :clap2:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Good move for Bobby i think, Big fish in a smaller pond without poacher palarse reject spoiling his play. He will do well i think, and like many on here would love to see him back anyday. Good luck Mr Z

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here