Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bygone Snacks

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
There was'nt too many treats after the War.....so we made our own snacks...my personal favourite was Dripping on toast and a sprinkling of salt... a healthy food guru's nightmare...but really delicious!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Smiths Savoury Vinegar Flavour Crisps. Long gone, but never forgotten (once tasted). :drool:

Oh, and then there's this chocci behemoth:-

1.Aztec.jpg

:bowdown:

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
There was'nt too many treats after the War.....so we made our own snacks...my personal favourite was Dripping on toast and a sprinkling of salt... a healthy food guru's nightmare...but really delicious!

I have just been sick in my mouth thinking of that.

To make it go away...

4-x-caramac-bars-chocolate-bars-2644-p.jpg

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
My son was really into Piglets,made by Burtons.Bacon,and Bacon & Bean flavour.Nice flavours,but a bit hard and brittlepiglets.jpg

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
In the early/mid eighties I used to like "Pacers" a white and green chewy sweet, spearmint flavour yum

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I liked Banjo bars, peanut was the best. Banana Toffo was also very nice. I also liked Golden Wonder 'Good N' Crunchy' crisps. Don't think any of them exist anymore.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Still do if you go to Mr Simms sweet shop, one in Crawley and Horsham I think, not sure about Brighton..
!

They are national company which lets shops out on a franchise.

Who remembers the old 1d arrowroot biscuits sold in pubs. Used to go to The Dragoon in Worthing with dad and sit outside with a glass of Hooper Stroove Yellow Lemonade and an arrowroot biscuit early evening on most Sundays.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Best done on a long fork in front of the fire. Then some fool invented an electric toaster and took all the fun away. I still do my toast on a grill not a toaster, much better.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A quarter pound of broken cigarettes would do me nicely right now. I'm sure someone told me that you can still buy the small boxes in some supermarkets, but presumably rebranded as 'sticks' rather than cigarettes these days?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

You can get own brand versions of these at certain supermarkets (Sainsburys I think). Almost posted the Fangs/Bones ones myself but was sure there was another one that I couldn't quite remember, 'Bats' or something maybe.

Oh, and 'Cheese Savours'.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Riesens, anyone?

Been trying to find them for years...only place i've found them is a petrol station just outside Midhurst.

Last edited:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Riesens, anyone?

Been trying to find them for years...only place i've found them is a petrol station just outside Midhurst.

'the chocolate chew'?

Given we're talking about sweets and crisps and the like, i do like the way christopher lee says 'chocolate'...choc-o-late

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here