West west west Sussex
You should all be ashamed of yourselves:-

thumbnail.aspx

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
cool-spot-7up.jpg

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I don't see these anymore, shame because they were amazing.

HulaHoops-XL-BM.jpg

Dec 29, 2011
There used to be this lorry came round once a week selling bottles of pop. You would buy them then the next week when they came back get your deposit back on the bottle. Recycling before it was fashionable. Maybe they should do that again, would increase recycling levels.

I wonder if anyone went around the back of the shop, took the bottles and got the deposit back for the bottle. That would be worth starting a thread about.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
As kids, we had a chippy that charged a deposit on a bottle of pop.....we used to get the bottles from the back of the premises, take them into the shop and sell him back his own bottles and collect the 3d.....what a scam..

hahaha..

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
There used to be this lorry came round once a week selling bottles of pop. You would buy them then the next week when they came back get your deposit back on the bottle. Recycling before it was fashionable. Maybe they should do that again, would increase recycling levels.

Still done in Northern Ireland, somehow. Can't see the demand for off-brand soft drinks being that high but they still do it!

Maine Soft Drinks Ltd - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Still do if you go to Mr Simms sweet shop, one in Crawley and Horsham I think, not sure about Brighton..

Ain't no school like the old school!

One in Worthing too. Anyway, as to snacks - 'Rancheros' were a personal favourite.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
What is that about? Banana yoghurt is exceedingly lush. I do not miss toffee yoghurt.

Indeed, but it's seemingly IMPOSSIBLE to find unless you want it with chocolate cornflakes or some other irrelevant stuff.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Walters (later Burtons) potato puffs, used to buy them on the way to school from a shop in St Lukes Terrace.

I thought these were called Walkers barbeque puffs ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here