NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Remember when a sweet shop looked like this

serving.jpg

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
What about when most pubs had an offy and you could take the empty bottles back and buy some sweets then go outside and get some more bottles and do it all again

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
There used to be this lorry came round once a week selling bottles of pop. You would buy them then the next week when they came back get your deposit back on the bottle. Recycling before it was fashionable. Maybe they should do that again, would increase recycling levels.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Can anyone remember cheeseburger flavoured crisps, with American Football themed packaging...?

Can still get those, Quarterbacks they were called.

quarterbacks.crisps

Though they look like this now

gw-quarterbacks_2.png

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
What about when most pubs had an offy and you could take the empty bottles back and buy some sweets then go outside and get some more bottles and do it all again

My dad used to send me up the local pub offy to get his soda syphon refilled

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
There used to be this lorry came round once a week selling bottles of pop. You would buy them then the next week when they came back get your deposit back on the bottle. Recycling before it was fashionable. Maybe they should do that again, would increase recycling levels.

Yup, the corona man we used to call him. Does Corona pop even still exist now?

redhill seagull 66

May 25, 2012
Yup, the corona man we used to call him. Does Corona pop even still exist now?

and you used to get 1p back for everyempty bottle..i remember our local chippie used to sell us crackling at end of the night..all the old crispy batter from the fish in a bag.half pence a bag.
i also rememeber our local post office had a fag machine outside so you could buy fags day and night..wouldnt be 2 seconds before some scum bag smashed it up and robbed it these days

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I also remember smiths tubes, best crisps ever! they came in a green and red bag i think? and tasted just like smiths squares (but tube shaped). Also 5-4-3-2-1 chocolate bars.

geodavies

Jan 8, 2012
Saltdean

As kids, we had a chippy that charged a deposit on a bottle of pop.....we used to get the bottles from the back of the premises, take them into the shop and sell him back his own bottles and collect the 3d.....what a scam..

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Fish & Chips/Chicken & Chips/Burger & Chips crisps. Lovely.

On a slight tangent - banana yoghurt. It seems impossible now to go into a supermarket and a buy a basic, standard pot of banana yoghurt.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Walters (later Burtons) potato puffs, used to buy them on the way to school from a shop in St Lukes Terrace.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
and you used to get 1p back for everyempty bottle..i remember our local chippie used to sell us crackling at end of the night..all the old crispy batter from the fish in a bag.half pence a bag.
i also rememeber our local post office had a fag machine outside so you could buy fags day and night..wouldnt be 2 seconds before some scum bag smashed it up and robbed it these days

This stuff was the business in the 70s, as I remember. Very sweet and fizzy. And cool adverts. Yum.

2crshoz.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here