Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bye Harty

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Harty has been a good servant for the phone in, however it is time for a change.

With Falmer coming on board, no disrespect to IH, we need someone who is more polished & professional, with a wider vocabularly and whose personal opinions (if different to the caller are not put down).

You will be missed Harty, but the King is Dead, long live the King..............

Yeah, great, someone polished and professional who knows f*** ALL about the club, its history and its soul.

Harty is always worth a listen and I'll miss him. My only beef with the show has been quality control when it comes to callers / subject matter, but that's more the producer's job than Harty.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Harty has been a good servant for the phone in, however it is time for a change.

With Falmer coming on board, no disrespect to IH, we need someone who is more polished & professional, with a wider vocabularly and whose personal opinions (if different to the caller are not put down).

You will be missed Harty, but the King is Dead, long live the King..............

er.. not really.

The finishing on the toilet roll holders at Falmer has nothing to do with the with Harty's control of mixing desk as SCR.

Separate entities, provided by separate companies. Not really the BBC's responsibility to promote the club is it ?

As far as I was concerned the programme was the Ian Hart show and that's why I tuned in.

The thought of a polished professional doesn't really do it for. The thought of the presenter agreeing with the callers doesn't either.

Ian was a link with the past which I felt (especially going forward) was important.

Shame he's off. Let's hope he isn't replaced with someone who started supporting the club when it suddenly became trendy to, or starts a discussion with "I don't really understand all this palace rivalry..."

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
AKA Mike Ward.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Harty will be hard to replace and he made the show. We need someone who has their own opinions and can ask searching questions and is not a club licker.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Is now the time to scrap the phone in altogether?
The time to scrap the phone in has long since passed. It was good a few years back but as the number of callers dwindled it's become a bad joke. I still listen in occasionally to see if things have improved and invariably switch off within a very short period of time after finding that they have (inexplicably) got even worse.

However, this is not Harty's fault - he's done his best to work with a tired format for the last few years and has had to put up with far too much unwarranted criticism and too many people eager to jump on the bandwagon complaining about things he supposedly said when they didn;t even listen to the show in the first place.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
To make the phone in better, all you had to do was phone in............

Ian will be missed, he was a fan with a microphone, not a bland corporate smug PC twat. More Alan Green anyone?

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
Saturday is his last show, after 11 years, as he wants to devote more time to his family and his business.

Is now the time to scrap the phone in altogether?

dont scrap the phone in ...bloody hell ..saraya will be heartbroken !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Why scrap the phone in? I'm sure the BBC will have to advertise the position and maybe NSC could nominate someone to attempt to fill the void. That person would then be supported by petitions etc. I like the phone in though, is a nice listen to on the drive home. If you don't like it, don't listen.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yeah, great, someone polished and professional who knows f*** ALL about the club, its history and its soul.
Like who? Anyone they get to do it (if it continues) is going to have a connection to the club.
Harty has done a lot for the Albion of course, and that includes the phone in. A lot of clubs don't have the coverage in the local media that we do. But he's not irreplaceable as a host.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Norman will not be doing it next season

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
Now that Ian is no longer in the employ of the BBC he can come on here and be himself..................

Hurrah ..... A revival of Bernard Mannings entire club routine and regular postings about those bloody immmigrants and teenage mums and kids with no respect and all the other things that Ian is so knowledgable about.

What a time we have in store...............

edit : Oops I nearly forgot. We can do the hanging one first.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Now that Ian is no longer in the employ of the BBC he can come on here and be himself..................

Hurrah ..... A revival of Bernard Mannings entire club routine and regular postings about those bloody immmigrants and teenage mums and kids with no respect and all the other things that Ian is so knowledgable about.

What a time we have in store...............

edit : Oops I nearly forgot. We can do the hanging one first.

he can't do hanging due to conflict of interest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here