Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bye Harty

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
It looks like I was right then, he is off.

Take care Ian , you've given us a great phone in mate over the years.

You enjoy sitting next to Sam, gotta be better than in the press box!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Harty :bowdown:Legend.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
???

Attachments

• fran.jpg
    fran.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 915

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Gutted to be honest - commentary's aren't the same without Hawes, and the phone-in won't be any good without Harty.

A sad day for Albion fans, and a bad one for SCR or whatever they are calling themselves now.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
A victory for curtain twitchers, humourless superfans, whingers and the spineless management at BBC Radio Sussex

A sad day for the Albion. Harty was sometimes right, sometimes wrong, but ALWAYS 100% Blue and White.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So, in what way were you right?

He tells us every year he is jacking it in, normally at the Worthing game pre-season, then he turns up in the show for the 1st game of the season.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing

He tells us every year he is jacking it in, normally at the Worthing game pre-season, then he turns up in the show for the 1st game of the season.

OOOOhhhh, sorry for speaking!!

Started a thread after last week's phone in saying I think he might be off, there was just something in the way he was saying things.

You could tell.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
He is off, he said so a few weeks ago although back then it was all hush-hush.

Harty is a LEGEND of BBC SCR as far as the Albion are concerned!

Get a few beers down him on a Saturday next season and Im sure he will call up the show!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I got a phone call from him not long after he got his job back after the window licking episode, and again a couple of months ago saying he wants to jack it in. I think this is it this time.

One of the good things about getting his job back was that he - not BBC SCR - could choose the moment of his departure.

All the best Harty - long may you continue to concentrate on burying dead people. :clap:

Chicken Chopsticks

Apr 6, 2009
I think my Dad would want Mendoza, BG, Dave the Gaffer, The Large One and whoever else wants to to get on the show this week, after we have stayed up, just like he said all along:lolol:

Nice picture Vegster, how did you know who was one of my Dad's heroes? :salute:

Harty has been a good servant for the phone in, however it is time for a change.

With Falmer coming on board, no disrespect to IH, we need someone who is more polished & professional, with a wider vocabularly and whose personal opinions (if different to the caller are not put down).

You will be missed Harty, but the King is Dead, long live the King..............

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
OH IAN HARTTTTTT.

It's a real shame he's leaving, he's the reason I listen to the phone in and it can't possibly be the same without him now, what are they going to announce next? Sir Norman Gall won't be around next season?! Disaster!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here