Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bye bye slade

geoff2021

Jun 22, 2009
one nil down with six minutes on the clock !!! are the players we have bought up to the standard required to get us out of this division, are the players that were kept, up to the standard needed to get us to the next level??? who knows Russel Slades record in the transfer market??? Obviously from what we have seen so far not up to the what is needed.A very disappointing start to the season lets hope the Board or should i say Tony Bloom can get this sorted before we are staring at a repeat of last season !!!

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
one nil down with six minutes on the clock !!! are the players we have bought up to the standard required to get us out of this division, are the players that were kept, up to the standard needed to get us to the next level??? who knows Russel Slades record in the transfer market??? Obviously from what we have seen so far not up to the what is needed.A very disappointing start to the season lets hope the Board or should i say Tony Bloom can get this sorted before we are staring at a repeat of last season !!!
FFS.it wasnt that long ago when he was a hero,just have a little patience.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
After a very shaky start we seem to be hanging in there, not running the game but not being over run. Who knows with a bit (well quite a lot) of luck we could get something out of the game. Not collapsing if we go 2-0 down is important though. Finishing with 11 would be a bonus.

Shit start to the season but too early to be calling for Slade's head but he needs to stop the rot quickly or he will be on his bike.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
He wont be manager come mid september

geoff2021

Jun 22, 2009
look at the game

obviously you all have the patience to wait until its too late, when you have a puncture you change the tyre before you crash, Slade has had pre season and league games to sort the problems out, these signings are supposed to be skillful knowledgeable players, you either have the skill or not, Slade can not input what is obviously missing, we have players that are not up to the standard of this league, lucky still to be 1-0 down, even Sky commentator says we are not up standard in defence or in midfield and hanging in, some supporters need to admit that class in a player is what counts so why do we take free transfers that are not wanted by their clubs ?? maybe their managers can see that they are not good enough and are willing to let them go, we know some are at the end of their contracts and are free agents but if they are good players there would be a dutch auction for their services, why do they always end up at Brighton, lets buy some class like Huddersfield, if you are willing to invest £90 million whats another £2 mill, SHIT OR BUST, Lets go for it!!!!

geoff2021

Jun 22, 2009
Palace, Tottenham or Arsenal

Listening to the game, it doesn't sound like we are playing too badly, so what's the point of such a stupid thread? Are you a Palarse fan by any chance?

i like to watch good football, not the shite we are being subject to at the Withdean, i have only supported Albion since Eddie Spearitt gave me my first free ticket to the chicken run at the Goldstone in 1969, and from then on i have bought a season ticket and went to many local derbies and been spat on at the old Den and had a full coke can thrown at me at the Dell when we were in the old First Div, Seagulls are everywhere as Eagles are nearly extinct

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Very difficult to make too many assumptions from a poor start. Man U always start poorly but end up winning the title! I just think it's too early to start panicking as there is plenty of time to turn things around. lets face it we left it a lot later last season and it turned out ok

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
obviously you all have the patience to wait until its too late, when you have a puncture you change the tyre before you crash, Slade has had pre season and league games to sort the problems out, these signings are supposed to be skillful knowledgeable players, you either have the skill or not, Slade can not input what is obviously missing, we have players that are not up to the standard of this league, lucky still to be 1-0 down, even Sky commentator says we are not up standard in defence or in midfield and hanging in, some supporters need to admit that class in a player is what counts so why do we take free transfers that are not wanted by their clubs ?? maybe their managers can see that they are not good enough and are willing to let them go, we know some are at the end of their contracts and are free agents but if they are good players there would be a dutch auction for their services, why do they always end up at Brighton, lets buy some class like Huddersfield, if you are willing to invest £90 million whats another £2 mill, SHIT OR BUST, Lets go for it!!!!

Its great that your passionate,but BIG RUSS deserves time as he has earnt that.In the summer we needed to change things so the rebuilding began but its a 2 year plan.
Millwall made the play-off final we escaped relegation,did you really expect anything tonight.Give him some more games and he will deliver;i remember Alex Ferguson and Howard Kendall were only one game from the sack and look what they achieved.
Get behind the team and be positive,he really deserves better than what some fans are giving him.

bagsy

Aug 9, 2008
its a dissapointing start.....but a team needs time to gel... I personally think some of the players we have bought in are class... and as a true fan we need to give them time ....to become a team... this also includes the manager..... its a long season ...we wont win any medals this season ...but we are building a squad for the future ....and next season we will be pushing for promotion....look at where milwall were a couple of saesons ago......have patiences............

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yes Fans for 40 years and have been thru this crap so many times before, sometimes a knee jerk reaction can have the desired effect

Oh oh, Uber fan alert ! I must have missed something in the FORTY THREE years I've been following this club. If this team is crap what was it in the time that Jimmy Case was manager ? Or that other Liverpudlian clown Melia ? We've had poor teams and we will no doubt have more in the future.

This is Brighton and Hove Albion NOT BRAZIL.

geoff2021

Jun 22, 2009
Class

Very difficult to make too many assumptions from a poor start. Man U always start poorly but end up winning the title! I just think it's too early to start panicking as there is plenty of time to turn things around. lets face it we left it a lot later last season and it turned out ok

As they say class will always tell, Man Utd have always bought class players and Ferguson had belief in the players he bought and the ones that came thru the Academy, we seem to be buying cast offs and not bidding on the classier players that have been available and our young players are not up to scratch, if they were they would be in the Championship or higher aka Gareth Barry, the only class player we have produced!!! so if we cannot produce them we need to buy them,

geoff2021

Jun 22, 2009
where are we now

Oh oh, Uber fan alert ! I must have missed something in the FORTY THREE years I've been following this club. If this team is crap what was it in the time that Jimmy Case was manager ? Or that other Liverpudlian clown Melia ? We've had poor teams and we will no doubt have more in the future.

This is Brighton and Hove Albion NOT BRAZIL.

what a shame i thought i was watching Brighton, what happened to the white shoed wonder ?? as i remember we were relgated !!! He was rightly christened "The Clown"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here