Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bye bye Bruce

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't really argue with that to be fair. They have been surprisingly (considering how die hard they are all supposed to be) pathetic when it comes to protesting against Ashley and trying to get him out of the club.

There's only one thing that motivates Ashley - money.
What is the only thing the fanatical Toons have given Ashley? - money.

Even if he said 'I don't need you'.

3 months of playing in front of an empty, I mean lockdown empty, stadium would have made the PL and other owners very twitchy, years ago.
Plenty twitchy enough to find another owner.

I don't want to hear it now, they're just Northern West Ham fans.

F**k'em.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Absolute dinosaur. Doubt there is another PL manager Potter would start with just 3 defenders against. For all the talk of Moder as a left wing back, him and Gross were left and right midfield only dropping back if absolutely necessary. Veltman was pretty much left back and White right back. And our centre forwards playing on the wing. And Bruce had no answer at all. Doubt Pep would have let us get away with that for more than 5 minutes. He was taken to school by a Rookie PL manager and should be expelled for his F rating.

But not till the end of the season, please.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Ashley is sticking with Bruce according to reports this morning due to his loyalty and passion for the club. Clearly not worried about the fight at training and the players backing Richie over the manager, or the performances against us and West Brom. Absolute car crash of a club at the moment, Bruce has lost the dressing room and not sure if they can stay up now, the players haven’t got the fight in them.

https://www.skysports.com/share/12252438

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Absolute dinosaur. Doubt there is another PL manager Potter would start with just 3 defenders against. For all the talk of Moder as a left wing back, him and Gross were left and right midfield only dropping back if absolutely necessary. Veltman was pretty much left back and White right back. And our centre forwards playing on the wing. And Bruce had no answer at all. Doubt Pep would have let us get away with that for more than 5 minutes. He was taken to school by a Rookie PL manager and should be expelled for his F rating.

But not till the end of the season, please.

It was an amazing system last night.

In possession (possibly)

Sanchez

Dunk

Veltman White

Wellbeck Lallana Bissouma Maupay

Moder Groß

Trossard.

A simple 1-2-4-2-1 In possession.

3-5-2 when attacking the Newcastle player with the ball.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
When Dubravka feigned injury on 30 minutes, it looked like Graeme Jones took control and was trying to reorganize Newcastle tactically. Steve Bruce just looked like he was doing an impression of Phil Neal in the awful Graham Taylor England documentary.

Awful? It was comedy gold

Tell your mate he just cost me my job

Not even a ****ing penalty!!!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I can’t see them getting more points than us in the last 8 games, therefore regardless of Fulham thats three teams finishing below us.

They have games against Burnley, Sheff Utd and Fulham - all of those are winnable. They also have to play Liverpool who have a dreadful record against bottom six clubs this season. We still need a few more points, 32 points will not be enough to stay up.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It was an amazing system last night.

In possession (possibly)

Sanchez

Dunk

Veltman White

Wellbeck Lallana Bissouma Maupay

Moder Groß

Trossard.

A simple 1-2-4-2-1 In possession.

3-5-2 when attacking the Newcastle player with the ball.

Really hard to nail the strategy, team shape and player positions with White & Veltman given license to support advanced wing play alongside Moder constantly popping up at ACM or even as a striker. Our two forwards were camped out near their corner flags resulting in a gaping hole in the middle that Moder had clearly been drilled to run into.

———————Sanchez———————-
————————Dunk————————-
—White——————————Veltman—
———Lallana————-Bissouma———
———Groß——————Moder————
————————Troß————————-
Maupay———————————Welbeck

The team shape bamboozled poor Bruce completely and I’m still really struggling to work out what he did. I think Moder and Groß were false wing backs and Troß was a false No.9 and Maupay & Welbeck were false wingers.

Reminded me of the 4-2-2-2 that did Spurs 3-0 but with 3 at the back instead of 4.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I’m conflicted about their supporters. There’s no denying they are fiercely loyal and that deserves respect. They could do with a crash course in fan protest though. Perhaps we should develop a programme while there’s still enough of us about that can remember really having something to complain about.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
If Ashley thinks Bruce won't keep them up he'll sack him within the next 24 hours.

Rafael Benitez hasn't got a job at the minute. £1 million bonus to come in and keep them up might be tempting?

He doesn’t need the money, and was paid £1m a month for 18 months in China. He’d be taking a pay cut of 50% to work with a chairman he’s said he won’t work with and a team that have a 50:50 chance of going down. Leeds if Bielsa goes? Spurs maybe

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’m conflicted about their supporters. There’s no denying they are fiercely loyal and that deserves respect. They could do with a crash course in fan protest though. Perhaps we should develop a programme while there’s still enough of us about that can remember really having something to complain about.

Someone should write a book about how to get rid of an odious owner...

...oh.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
They have games against Burnley, Sheff Utd and Fulham - all of those are winnable. They also have to play Liverpool who have a dreadful record against bottom six clubs this season. We still need a few more points, 32 points will not be enough to stay up.

I cannot see that team winning at Turf Moor.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If Bruce was really surprised at our qualities he really hasn’t done much research...

[tweet]1373403052154220544[/tweet]

Sounds like they were incredibly complacent & like you say hadnt done their research. Give us space and time on the ball like they did & it was inevitable they'd get a footballing lesson.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sounds like they were incredibly complacent & like you say hadnt done their research. Give us space and time on the ball like they did & it was inevitable they'd get a footballing lesson.

"No disrespect" he says disrespectfully.

Not even homework though is it, they've not learned from their home game.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Who was their manager when we completely outclassed them in September? Maybe that guy should have warned Bruce about us.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

They just assumed we were as sh1t on them on table position. Their loss..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here