Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bye Bye Adams?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It was suggested that he will keep his job because United cannot afford to pay him off.

I read a piece about West Ham's finances this week, said they still owe a chunk of cash to Sheffield United regarding the Teves case. How skint are they?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The reasons Sheffield United appointed Adams were basically sound. He is an ex-player and was doing rather well with Port Vale. Nobody would have predicted their loss of form but frankly now it looks like they're lumbered with him. If he got fired now I think it's safe to say his days of being a professional manager are all but numbered unless he was to go abroad to manage some obscure team.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The reasons Sheffield United appointed Adams were basically sound..

You reckon? His last spell here should have run alarm bells. League 2 is suited to his style of football but the rest of the leagues have moved on.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You reckon? His last spell here should have run alarm bells. League 2 is suited to his style of football but the rest of the leagues have moved on.

They wanted a quick fix and he fitted the bill. As for the thinking behind it yes they should have taken a bit more time I agree. Mind you look across Sheffoeld and you'll see Megson hasn't done much for their neighbours either.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It was suggested that he will keep his job because United cannot afford to pay him off.

Pay him off? He's lucky to be paid at all. Well, well past his sell by date.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
MickyAdams_468x344.jpg

The above is why i will always be supportive of Adams.

Sheff U were in freefall before he took over, Speed got out whilst he could. They have a poor quality squad and he has no money to buy players. I think Fergie would struggle there given the circumstances.

He had to take his dream job (who wouldn't?), it's just a shame it is not working out as expected.

MickyAdams_468x344.jpg

The above is why i will always be supportive of Adams.

Sheff U were in freefall before he took over, Speed got out whilst he could. They have a poor quality squad and he has no money to buy players. I think Fergie would struggle there given the circumstances.

He had to take his dream job (who wouldn't?), it's just a shame it is not working out as expected.

Then it's a shame Adams couldn't have had THAT as enough reason to have stayed at The Albion way back then.

Nope, I can't think he was anything but a man who suited at the time, and that time was soon up for his success.

I don't wish to judge, but wasn't he also 'dabbling' elsewhere, so as to speak, in his privates life?

Karma, some call that sort of thing, and the force of nature.
How one behaves when they are successful, can influence how the road of success will lay down before them for the future.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
As nobody else has mentioned it I will good to see Sheff Utd got their first win under MA against Forest, hope that starts a run of wins for him.

Indeed. Of the games he's had in charge, the Forest one wasn't exactly where you'd expect the win to come from. Hopefully they can kick on now, as I'd love to come up against Adams in The Championship next season, just so that ,despite his second spell, we can show that we do still love the guy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here