Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bye Bye Adams?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hindsight is a great thing and although he is a Blades fan he should have stayed at Vale where it seems he had something good going again. He's definitely a grass is greener type of man though and I hope the wage he is pocketing makes it worth his while. I doubt he'll ever get another job better than League 2.

Shame, I never much liked the man but he did give us great days and our pride back 1st time around. Been a disaster in his last two outings outside League 2 though.

I stood next to him at Withdean when he took the reins last time at ours.
It occurred to me that I would normally want to wish him luck, and welcome him back - but the way he'd taken the job months earlier from Dean Wilkins, I couldn't manage that. I liked DW, and had enjoyed a couple of chats with him in his time as Albion gaffer, it didn't seem right.

I stumbled across Messrs Poyet and Torrico at a petrol station on the A23 though, and it was my pleasure to tell them a heartfelt "welcome to Brighton and Hove Albion". I certainly have felt redeemed since.

I sincerely hope they stay with us, and realise that 'greener pastures' are not always what they seem, and that so many managers take off for a quick buck and lose out in the long run. I can see G and M taking the team all the way to the top - and in THAT way manage a top club!
The Seagulls are now quite an unique club in the leagues - that picture will become clearer as things progress, have faith in that.
When I see players even slightly tempted away it makes me wonder why they can't see it or wait a little bit longer.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Hindsight is a great thing and although he is a Blades fan he should have stayed at Vale where it seems he had something good going again. He's definitely a grass is greener type of man though and I hope the wage he is pocketing makes it worth his while. I doubt he'll ever get another job better than League 2.

Will the lump sum pocket of cash from Utd be higher than the ongoing wage he could of expected to recoup from Vale whilst creating their legacy, he preached about?

I suspect he is dusting off his CV ready to join a local college!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You can't blame Adams for taking his dream job when it's offered to him.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I stood next to him at Withdean when he took the reins last time at ours.
It occurred to me that I would normally want to wish him luck, and welcome him back - but the way he'd taken the job months earlier from Dean Wilkins, I couldn't manage that. I liked DW, and had enjoyed a couple of chats with him in his time as Albion gaffer, it didn't seem right.

I stumbled across Messrs Poyet and Torrico at a petrol station on the A23 though, and it was my pleasure to tell them a heartfelt "welcome to Brighton and Hove Albion". I certainly have felt redeemed since.

I sincerely hope they stay with us, and realise that 'greener pastures' are not always what they seem, and that so many managers take off for a quick buck and lose out in the long run. I can see G and M taking the team all the way to the top - and in THAT way manage a top club!
The Seagulls are now quite an unique club in the leagues - that picture will become clearer as things progress, have faith in that.
When I see players even slightly tempted away it makes me wonder why they can't see it or wait a little bit longer.
As a fairly vacuous NSC reader, is it OK if I LIKE this post?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
There is still a sort of ' blind reverence ' to Adams from some BHA fans.
FFS.....one promotion from the lowest division and he is still treated like the bloody Messiah.
It amazes me how many chances the man keeps on being given. He is on that managerial treadmill with people like Megson and Brown, who interview well and then fail to deliver. Their limitations always let them down, as they aspire to positions beyond their ability.
Adams was given a chance to rescue his career with us. He blew it. Amazingly, Port Vale came in for him and he could have knuckled down and rebuilt slowly and steadily, his final swansong.
But no.....like he jumped ship with us at the first opportunity, he was off to Sheffield, like a rat up a drainpipe.
He's blown it again, folks.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
If you were a football manager, would you take on the Brighton job? I'm not sure I would.

Yes you would BoF, surely?

What could be better. I could think of nothing I would want more, other than managing St Etienne or Fiorentina, than managing the Albion.

It of course will never happen.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Micky had found his level at Port Vale. His management skills no longer match his ambition. But he quadrupled his salary, so who can blame him. Shame though, he sounded the same, defeated, no idea what to do next Micky as second time around with the Albion.

There is still a sort of ' blind reverence ' to Adams from some BHA fans.
FFS.....one promotion from the lowest division and he is still treated like the bloody Messiah.
It amazes me how many chances the man keeps on being given. He is on that managerial treadmill with people like Megson and Brown, who interview well and then fail to deliver. Their limitations always let them down, as they aspire to positions beyond their ability.
Adams was given a chance to rescue his career with us. He blew it. Amazingly, Port Vale came in for him and he could have knuckled down and rebuilt slowly and steadily, his final swansong.
But no.....like he jumped ship with us at the first opportunity, he was off to Sheffield, like a rat up a drainpipe.
He's blown it again, folks.

I concur with your thoughts. Whilst I have never met Adams, as a manager I do not rate him. His success at the Albion was largely down to Zamora who wasn't even his first or second choice as a striker to bring to the club.
Second time round was a disaster.
His ideas are 20 years out of date.
His next job will be with a lower league 2 team I suspect.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Given time I think that he will turn it around he is desperately passionate and if he can impart his passion and Dave Bassetts knowledge on to his squad they will survive. and avoid relegation.

Given time I think that he will turn it around he is desperately passionate and if he can impart his passion and Dave Bassetts knowledge on to his squad they will survive. and avoid relegation.

I often wonder if you are talking about the same subjects sometimes BG, your posts seem so often totally askew.

Adams needs a cuddle - but if he can turn anything around after failing convincingly so far, I'll be shocked.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I often wonder if you are talking about the same subjects sometimes BG, your posts seem so often totally askew.

It is only a personal view but I think that he will turn it around given time. Dave Bassett is an old experienced head and Warren Aspinall isa good tactician. It will come good for him.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
How much longer will it last for Micky?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How much longer will it last for Micky?

Depends whether they push the panic button or believe he will get them out of this situation.

I think it will the later however they will go down.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Depends whether they push the panic button or believe he will get them out of this situation.

I think it will the later however they will go down.

Totally agree they will do down, the money situation will dictate the success thereafter, could be the same fate as their neighbours.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
They were in complete freefall when he joined. Fully expect them to be relegated but for him to stay and rebuild.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here