Eastbourne
Scunthorpe 3-2 Sheff Utd

Not good for him, he should'nt have jumped ship at Vale:wrong:

£££££££££££££££££

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I wonder if he will ask for his old job back at that university thing he was doing. Shame really as I like the bloke. He just seems to jump at clubs who pay a bit more cash, for it to turn around and bite him severely in the arse. I know we are all driven by money, but it wont do his credentials any good for future appointments. How many more clubs will take a punt on him now?

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Vale fans must be pleased.

Theyve gone right off the boil since his departure, Im sure they will take some pleasure in his impending departure though, especially when he stated at his arrival at Vale that he wanted to vreate a legacy, and taker Vale as far as he could take them, and that he wanted to stay at one club and build a stable progressing club forward. Oh, how money changes everything. :lolol:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I wonder if he will ask for his old job back at that university thing he was doing. Shame really as I like the bloke. He just seems to jump at clubs who pay a bit more cash, for it to turn around and bite him severely in the arse. I know we are all driven by money, but it wont do his credentials any good for future appointments. How many more clubs will take a punt on him now?

Ardingly college I think. Way out of his depth in the Championship and his tenure at Sheffield United probably won't last much longer if their awful results continue.

Not everybody is driven by pounds, Whitterz. I'm on less money now but have never felt happier in a job and working with really nice, friendly people. The grass isn't always greener. :smile:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I feel sorry for Micky. Last night was a 6-pointer, a real winnable game in a tough division and - whatever he's said - he must have done something right because they were 2-NIL up while his words were still ringing in their ears.

I know next to nothing about Scunthorpe but was half-expecting them to pull it back to 2-2.

I can't see anything other than a sacking and a relegation. Equally worrying for Blades fans were other results where sides likes Barnsley, Doncaster, Bristol City and Preston all took points away from home off Leeds, Norwich, Watford and Forest.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
In his interview after the game on 5 Live he said that he'd gone to a club that has had 4 managers already this season and it's looking like 5 now. He knows he's dropped a bollock.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That's called gallows humour, I like that. I'd also much rather see him doing TV punditry on the lower leagues than that clown Claridge.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I feel sorry for Micky, i dont think money played a big part tbh, Sheff Utd are the club he supported as a boy and played for. Really hope he can turn them around but cant see it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
4 more games? Hinsh only got a dozen matches, and even he won one of them.

Crucially, the Blades have got home matches coming up against big rivals Leeds and Forest, and tricky away matches to QPR and Watford. They really need to beat Derby on Saturday.

Other managers have been sacked for less.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The thing is, it's not like when he came here the second time when he was taking over a (relatively) successful team, Sheff Utd were struggling before he went there - that's kinda why he got the gig in the first place. All that's happened is they haven't had the 'dead cat bounce' that struggling sides often have when a new guy takes over.

Sacking him won't solve the underlying problems that got him the job initially - although the utd board may come to the conclusion that he isn't the man to solve them and that his appointment was a mistake.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
his post interview was shocking.......dead man walking....given up....at a loss....

dinosaur manager now.....good for league 2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here