Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

buy a player fund

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: buy a player fund

hans kraay fan club said:
United would be looking for 7 figures. We have no chance. Best hope is to extend the loan to the end of the season.

Get a grip, 7 figures? Where did you pluck that one from?

He has not played a league game for Utd and is out of contract in the summer, there is no way he is going to cost over a million.

The question is do Utd want to do a deal where they may not get a large up front fee but do get a heavy sell on or risk him leaving in the summer and taking what the tribunal award, which will not be that much as he has not played for them.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Re: Re: Re: buy a player fund

Uncle Buck said:

He has not played a league game for Utd and is out of contract in the summer, there is no way he is going to cost over a million.

The question is do Utd want to do a deal where they may not get a large up front fee but do get a heavy sell on or risk him leaving in the summer and taking what the tribunal award, which will not be that much as he has not played for them.

I agree. He's never going to play for them. Good player and i'd love him to come to us. I think he'll get other offers though.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: buy a player fund

Meade's_Ball said:
I agree. He's never going to play for them. Good player and i'd love him to come to us. I think he'll get other offers though.

That is the issue, how long before the usual suspects start sniffing. We should be doing everything we can to tie him up before the window opens to avoid a repeat of the Sidwell situation, where we did not offer anything until Reading did.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

Meade's_Ball said:

He may well play for them, hes pretty highly rated by the fans and manager. You dont just step into centre half for united at 18/19. I expect him to be offered a new contract up there.

Stumpy

Sep 24, 2005
Brighton
Paul McShane

He won't want to come to us! He just came herer to get 1st team experience!! Our best bet is to get him to the end of the season!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: buy a player fund

maffew said:
He may well play for them, hes pretty highly rated by the fans and manager. You dont just step into centre half for united at 18/19. I expect him to be offered a new contract up there.

I suppose it's not impossible, but you have to be utterly amazing to play centre-half for them, even if we do scoff at Rio. He'd need a lot of work on his distribution.
Although i suppose he's doing exactly what's asked of him at the moment.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield

Uncle Buck said:
That is the issue, how long before the usual suspects start sniffing. We should be doing everything we can to tie him up before the window opens to avoid a repeat of the Sidwell situation, where we did not offer anything until Reading did.

Exactly UB

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Re: Re: Re: buy a player fund

Uncle Buck said:

Fair play - didn't know his contract was up. That puts a different slant on it. Still think you would be looking at 3-400k, and that bigger CCC clubs would outbid us. I fear that someone like Sheff Utd or Reading will make a move in January. [Just like the thieving Reading bastards did with Sidwell].

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

hans kraay fan club said:
Just like the thieving Reading bastards did with Sidwell].

Maybe they are trying to get a team of gingers together

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
can we not ask the team to fix a result and we all mortgage our house and bet on it?

then we can buy loadsa players :clap2:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace

Uncle Buck said:

Too true but...That smacks of being organised ..the Albion never seem to be

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There will be other players in the future who will want to join us, and who we can afford, WHEN we have our stadium. McShane will always have a special place in our hearts, along with other greats.

Reinelt for one!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

Uncle Buck said:

How do we know who made the offer first?

We do have the other half of Harding's money to come in Jan besides the first 20 games played 50K as well.
When Ferdinand didn't play for Utd there was another defender before McShane.
We can at least try or the very minimum keep the loan for the whole season.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
KinkyGoebels said:
not really up to them if he is or he isnt come june

and that he is relatively close to the utd first team and is expected to be offered a new contract in June. He is here for the experience not as a surplus utd squad member.

I'd love to keep him but I cant see it, loan until end of season maybe.

Quote from Utd fan

I'm desperate for him to get a chance here because I think he's a fantastic player and I'm convinced he'll take it - Only problem is that he has O'Shea/Silvestre in his way (Same applies to Spector) both of whom should go in my opinion to give these two a chance, I think he should be ahead of Pique in the pecking order though.

G.Nev/Bardsley---Ferdinand/Spector---Brown/McShane---Heinze/Richardson

With Silvestre and O'Shea sold (I reckon we could get £8million in total) and Pique loaned out would be an excellent defence (and back-up) for next season.

That'd give us plenty of options at the back. McShane has all the ability in the world but he's also got the right attitude to make it, I'm concerned though that he'll leave if he doesn't get the opportunity because he's an ambitious lad. Here's hoping Fergie gives him his chance.

A loan to a premiership club in January on the cards perhaps? I'm sure he'll have attracted some attention after his performances at Brighton (particularly if he keeps on scoring) so I'm sure we'll get plenty of takers - Send Pique out on-loan as well perhaps? Would certainly give them some invaluable experience.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: buy a player fund

Yorkie said:
How do we know who made the offer first?

We do have the other half of Harding's money to come in Jan besides the first 20 games played 50K as well.
When Ferdinand didn't play for Utd there was another defender before McShane.
We can at least try or the very minimum keep the loan for the whole season.

How do we know?

Well we signed him on loan for the season after his inital loan was up, rather than putting a bid in. He was then withdrawn from that Norwich cup game due to Reading tabling an offer and it was not until the next morning that we matched their offer. So that would suggest we reacted to their actions rather than instigated the whole thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here