Its in Derbyshire isn't it?

Nob alert. Thats Buxton you're thinking of:shit:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I went to Buxted C of E primary school.
I attended countless navity plays at Buxted church dressed as a shepherd in old curtains, plus numerous Harvest Festivals, where we paid sacriligeous homage to tins of sweetcorn, tuna chucks in brine (?) and baked beans incorporating mini-sausages.

I used to play in Buxted park for hours on end as a kid and have even turned out for the aforementioned cricket team, when they were especially desperate for players. It is a lovely place and the first place I think of when I think of Sussex. And my mum and dad still live near the cross roads at Coopers Green, the house where I was born.

I like threads about Buxted and think NSC has been lacking in them. What about High Hurst Wood anyone?? Or Five Ash Down?

God bless the High Weald!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :hilton:

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
the wanderbus said:
I once worked with an old boy who, whenever something surprising happened, instead of saying "f*** me" like the rest of us used to say"well I'll go to Buxted". I never Knew why. He also tried to convince us that theres a harbour & a treacle mine there.

Mentalist!

Ive heard there is a treaclemine and harbour there too, which is why I want to go.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
You go through Buxted to get to Hadlow Down. At least I did on Saturday.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
But I wasn't going from Heathfield.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It's alright thought. I was there in the dark.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here