Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buxted

vauxhallexile

Jul 31, 2003
Grendel said:
There is The White Hart, which was pretty good last time I went there. I believe The Buxted Inn is, curiously enough, also in Buxted though I have never frequented this particular hostelry myself.

The Buxted Inn is indeed also there. Serves a good pint of Harvey's and both it and the White Hart have beer gardens. Food not bad in either. Both pubs within 5 minutes staggering distance of each other, helpfully on the same side of the road.

One or two good walks around the area, and a 13th century church if that's your "thing". Train station there, but only goes between London and Uckfield.

All nice enough, but nothing that spectacular that marks it out from any other village in the area.....

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Anyway I'm off to Ethiopia for my hols on Saturday, anyone know what that's like? Will it be hot?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Brovian said:
Anyway I'm off to Ethiopia for my hols on Saturday, anyone know what that's like? Will it be hot?

Are you planning to get smeared with bullshit and jump naked over a row of cows like Bruce Parry?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: Buxted

Trufflehound said:
You mean you've never been to the year 3000?
I've been to the year 3000.
Not much has changed, but we all live underwater. And your great, great, great grandaughter is pretty fine.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: Re: Re: Buxted

garry nelsons left foot said:
and, presumably, f***ing old.
I think cryogenic chambers come into use in Autumn 2497 though.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
it is a bugger to find their football ground

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Buxted

Easy 10 said:
I think cryogenic chambers come into use in Autumn 2497 though.

even so, she must still have been about 300+ when she was frozen.

one can only assume that they put much thought into their lyrics...or they like f***ing granny's.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Trufflehound said:
Are you planning to get smeared with bullshit and jump naked over a row of cows like Bruce Parry?
No. And reading my post I realise I've made a mistake, it's not Ethiopia we're going to it's Tunisia. Suppose they're pretty similar.

Brovian said:
No. And reading my post I realise I've made a mistake, it's not Ethiopia we're going to it's Tunisia. Suppose they're pretty similar.

Yep. Both being in Africa and full of mambos like.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I once worked with an old boy who, whenever something surprising happened, instead of saying "f*** me" like the rest of us used to say"well I'll go to Buxted". I never Knew why. He also tried to convince us that theres a harbour & a treacle mine there.

Mentalist!

Last edited:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
theres nothign there apart from 2 pubs, and a train station, oh and just outside buxted theres buxted park hotel which is rather expensive, i lived in framfield for 26 years which is 2 miles from there

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Stevie_boy said:
theres nothign there apart from 2 pubs, and a train station, oh and just outside buxted theres buxted park hotel which is rather expensive,

I know that, you know that & he knew that.He was just a bit of a character who liked to spin a yarn or 2

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
played cricket there this year, lovely ground...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
During the summer holidays I got a bit of work experience with a television company making a programme with Desmond Morris in Buxted.

Animal Country I think it was called.

I remember

Almost crashing the car on the way there.

Morris getting terribly excited about a particular donkey's erection which led to an impromptu lecture about their sex life over a pint in the pub at lunchtime.

A particular camp member of the crew simulating sex with a donkey in a field, much to the amusement of all.

The next day we went and did a piece with Matthew Kelly at his house with his dogs.

Except it wasn't his house and I'm not entirely sure that those were his dogs.

Such is the magic of television.

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I want to go to these places because they have funny names. Has anyone ever been to Gaystreet or Blackboys?

gif.gif

black.gif

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Blackboys has a very good pub - the Blackboys Inn.

I grew up just down the road in Burwash

(just passed Heathfield on the left)

DannyBhoy

Jul 5, 2003
Burwash, East Sussex
clapham_gull said:
Blackboys has a very good pub - the Blackboys Inn.

I grew up just down the road in Burwash

(just passed Heathfield on the left)

Agree the Blackboys pub is a great pub,, we go there sometimes after work on fridays!!

:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here