Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Butler sent off for sexist abuse!

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
According to the Leeds forums, Butler was sent off for sexist remarks. His first yellow was for saying "It's a man's game" and then a straight red for calling her "a f***ing bitch"!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He deserved to go then.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Second is fair enough as it is foul and abusive language.

How the Leeds fans could hear though I do not know.

I do not see how the first comment is an offence. If he called the referee a girl is that a booking?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
:lolol: :lol: :lol:

what a plum

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Think he said both to her, not the ref. Then Blackwell had a go at the ref in an interview so will probably get a touchline ban or fine.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Surely calling an official a " f***ing bitch" is a straight red anyway. He can't really have any arguments.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Referee87 said:
what was one of the oficials a female ?

p.s im a little slow ...:)

Wendy Toms ran the line

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Referee87 said:
what was one of the oficials a female ?
I wouldn't have known either had I not read it before.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was once a member of a County FA Disciplinary Committee when Wendy Toms was coming up through the ranks and had sent a player off, I think , but am not certain if it was an Athenian League game, in her report she said "What ..............(the player) said was medically and technically correct, as I am female, but it was the manner in which he said it that was offensive. So I sent him off".

I am told that during her early days she didnt expect seperate showers or changing rooms because she belived that she had entered a mans game and should be treated just the same s a man.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
BensGrandad said:

I am told that during her early days she didnt expect seperate showers or changing rooms because she belived that she had entered a mans game and should be treated just the same s a man.
Just as well as the ref's room at Withdean is tiny.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Scotty M said:
and was bloody impressive

I agree, think she was very good. Didn't realise that was a straight red so 3 match ban.

I liked the cheeky cherio wave by Virgs - classic

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Beach Hut said:
I agree, think she was very good. Didn't realise that was a straight red so 3 match ban.

That is for violebt conduct only isn't it?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think it is for any straight red, however don't quote me

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
If that is true and in the ref's report he could face a 5 game ban for also bringing the game into disrepute

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Beach Hut said:

any straight red is 3 matches i think

and the other linesman was very good as well, and hes only 20. a future star ref no doubt

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Beach Hut said:

I'll quote you.

A straight red foul is a one game ban. A violent conduct straight red is a three game ban.

I would imagine swearing is one game but I am not sure.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He wasn't happy when he went, threw the captains armband away.

However he had been constructively criticising the ref throughout the game. When will they learn, there are no grounds for appeal outside the Premiership.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot see that Leeds have an argument with either sending off although Norman Hunter said SCR that the ref was diabolical.

Kilgannon had a yellow and then committed another horendous tackle on OGH, which may have even been worth a red on its own had it caught him squarely, then Butler swore at the Refs Asst again another straight red where is the quibble?
I though Sullivan was very lucky nobody saw him kick out at Leon and what about the incident in the first half when Carlisle went through Leon and the ref called another player over!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here