Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bush In: We're all f***ed

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Yorkie said:
I fail to see all the hysteria about Bush becoming the President again for 4 years. It leaves me untouched and I wish the media would leave it alone.

The world is not going to come to an end.

Looks like we wil have to agree to disagree on this one. My view is that it will have some impact on every person on this earth by one way or another, and the way he's going the world may actually come to an end if he decides to do something really stupid like attack the rest of his 'axis of evil' - nuclear armed Iran and North Korea.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Having checked out your age I can see you would think like that.

Don't lose any sleep over it. As I tried to point out I have lived through worse times than this.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Voroshilov said:
I think it will in many ways. Just one example;

Bush's actions are likely to continue to destabalise the middle-east, therefore oil prices will remain high and petrol will continue to cost a fortune

Nope. Oil is actually staggeringly cheap, one of the reasons there's no real push to use alternatives. Petrol is cheap too with out the excise. The destabalisation of the middle east is due to internal political issues or the Israeli problem. In fact most of the middle east is quite stable. And they'll still sell us the oil, whoevers in power.

Try another.

Dandyman

In London village.
Yorkie said:
It's all a matter of opinion though isn't it? Cuba were communist so therefore allies with the USSR anyway.

My main point is that there have always been conflicts and always will be.

I fail to see all the hysteria about Bush becoming the President again for 4 years. It leaves me untouched and I wish the media would leave it alone.

The world is not going to come to an end.

I would acknowledge that the impact on Newhaven may not be immediate but in the USA it will mean more people without jobs, more people without health cover, greater influence for the Christian taliban and four years of misery for millions of working class Americans.

Bush's foreign and economic policies will mean continued international instability, destabilisation and violence and a far greater possibily of trade conflicts with the EU and developing countries.

International instability does affect us as does the neo-con's agenda of undermining the European social model via the WTO.

The net result IMO is to send my sympathies to my friends in the US and to strengthen my view that our future lies with a strong and progressive europe.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dandyman said:
I would acknowledge that the impact on Newhaven may not be immediate but in the USA it will mean more people without jobs, more people without health cover, greater influence for the Christian taliban and four years of misery for millions of working class Americans.

Bush's foreign and economic policies will mean continued international instability, destabilisation and violence and a far greater possibily of trade conflicts with the EU and developing countries.

International instability does affect us as does the neo-con's agenda of undermining the European social model via the WTO.

The net result IMO is to send my sympathies to my friends in the US and to strengthen my view that our future lies with a strong and progressive europe.

My cousin who lives in Delaware would not agree with you.

Dandyman

In London village.
Yorkie said:
My cousin who lives in Delaware would not agree with you.

Which bit or is there a Newhaven as well as a Lewes in Delaware ?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dandyman said:
Which bit or is there a Newhaven as well as a Lewes in Delaware ?

Dover

Dandyman

In London village.
Yorkie, did your cousin vote for Bush and if so why ?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dandyman said:
Yorkie, did your cousin vote for Bush and if so why ?

I don't know. I haven't asked her.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here