Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bush In: We're all f***ed

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Richie Morris said:
Bloody yanks.

I would just like to clarify though IT IS NOT THE END OF THE f***ing WORLD.

I wish people would stop being so melodramatic.

America is going to get who America wants in power at this election.

And it'll make no difference to us either way.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Curious Orange said:
And it'll make no difference to us either way.

I think it will in many ways. Just one example;

Bush's actions are likely to continue to destabalise the middle-east, therefore oil prices will remain high and petrol will continue to cost a fortune

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Couldn't give a rats arse said:
Unless we have friends or relatives in the armed forces who may be put in danger chasing another of Bush's follies.

Surely you should be blaming Mr Blair, not Mr Bush for the involvement of the British armed forces ?

Uncle C said:
If the Yanks had been really clever they would have an odd number of seats and no likelihood of a draw.

No likelihood, but still the possibility.

Third parties have won certain states, and therefore electoral college votes, before, so there would still be some possibility.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Would Kerry have been any better than Bush anyway.

After spending the last two weeks in Florida and being subjected to constant TV adverts by the parties condeming each other in any way they could it was like listening to a primary school slagging match.

Bush - "Kerry only married that Heinz lady to get free ketchup, vote for me I pay for mine"

Kerry - "Bush cheated at Tiddlywinks when he was five, vote for me I only cheat at snap"

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
The result is all but confirmed, the Kerry camp is holding out for some a couple of hundred thousand votes to be counted, but I believe that Bush is way over 100,000 votes ahead anyway, so, barring a miracle, looks like we got another 4 years of Bush

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It doesn't matter ho many vote they get it how many electoral college votes they win and Bush has 269 so with the majority already in the Senate he can't be beaten

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
gazwag said:
It doesn't matter ho many vote they get it how many electoral college votes they win and Bush has 269 so with the majority already in the Senate he can't be beaten

They've just said on the BBC that if it is all square, Kerry would have a good chance. Something to do with the fact that the guy with the presiding vote is off ill and cannot vote. So it goes to the lower house, and that is Democrat. I was confused.

How the f*** did Florida fall to Bush so easily? I still smell a huge f***ing rat :angry: :angry:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
its not over till its over! but im afriad to say its a done deal and bush is back in!:nono: :shootself

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
brighton_b0y said:
its not over till its over! but im afriad to say its a done deal and bush is back in!:nono: :shootself

where ?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Bush is 136000 votes ahead in the last major count with only the postal votes to count. Yes it was close, yes Kerry could bring it back in those votes but not much chance.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
brighton_b0y said:
where what? :jester:

did you get your info that BUSH has definatly won ?

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Richie Morris said:
Bloody yanks.

I would just like to clarify though IT IS NOT THE END OF THE f***ing WORLD.

America is going to get who America wants in power at this election.

just because its 'what america wants' does not mean that its not the end of the world. americans are too stupid to understand the political implications of their decision. who is president affects the rest of the world so the rest of the world should get a say in who that is. especially when this is likely to be a much more rational decision than anything the idiot americans could come up with. bush's line of policy will certainly continue the war on islam (sorry, terror) and the world is a much less stable place with him the leader of the most powerful country on earth. i just wish they'd see.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Couldn't give a rats arse said:
Unless we have friends or relatives in the armed forces who may be put in danger chasing another of Bush's follies.

I have always had relatives in the armed forces. My father was in the Royal Navy for 33 years.

I lost count of the incidents he was involved in. I married a sailor who was involved in the Beira Patrol (trade embargo on Rhodesia) protecting Aden and the Borneo conflict.

My half brother served in the Royal Marines. He was involved in the Cyprus conflict, went to Northern Ireland twice, the Falklands war and the first Gulf war.

There has always been conflicts and always will be Bush or no Bush.

For those scaremongers who think WW III is about to happen should have been alive in 1962 when Kennedy stood up to the Russians who had their missiles in Cuba directly pointing at American cities.
That was scary :eek:
I admire leaders who stand up to bullies.

Bush has got more votes than any other president in an election.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Yorkie said:
For those scaremongers who think WW III is about to happen should have been alive in 1962 when Kennedy stood up to the Russians who had their missiles in Cuba directly pointing at American cities.
That was scary :eek:
I admire leaders who stand up to bullies.

I see you conveniently ignore the fact that Kennedy ordered the Bay of Pigs invasion the year before which resulted in Cuba looking to the USSR for allies - which resulted in the missile crisis where Kennedy's confrontational policies almost started a war.

Rather a worrying parallel with good ole' Dubya there, just JFK got shot before he could do serious harm.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
samparish said:
I see you conveniently ignore the fact that Kennedy ordered the Bay of Pigs invasion the year before which resulted in Cuba looking to the USSR for allies - which resulted in the missile crisis where Kennedy's confrontational policies almost started a war.

Rather a worrying parallel with good ole' Dubya there, just JFK got shot before he could do serious harm.

It's all a matter of opinion though isn't it? Cuba were communist so therefore allies with the USSR anyway.

My main point is that there have always been conflicts and always will be.

I fail to see all the hysteria about Bush becoming the President again for 4 years. It leaves me untouched and I wish the media would leave it alone.

The world is not going to come to an end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here