Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

D

Deleted member 2719

Not a good game or performance but a point is ok. Very disappointed with a few individual performances today, Gross and Bissouma were poor for pretty much 90 minutes and Welbeck spent 30 minutes on the pitch hiding, expect more from someone with his experience.

Hopefully Webster is ok, starting to looking a bit thin in defense.

Welbeck just does not excite me at all. Conolly, Maupay, Trossard, Lallana anyone but Welbeck in my eyes.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
I reckon Burnley will be gutted with that. They're not going to have a better chance to go above us again all season. Meanwhile we got a point despite not playing very well at a notoriously tough ground, despite probably being totally shattered. Keeps them at arms length and below us in the table. Very good point imo

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nasty, vile little club. Snide challenges all over the shop, a couple of elbows to the head for Mac, cynical dangerous high tackles for the 2 yellows in the first half. They are a team set out for thuggery, its the only way that miserable team can spoil their way to the points they need to stay up. Burnley are an ugly weeping cyst on the spine of the PL.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Welbeck just does not excite me at all. Conolly, Maupay, Trossard, Lallana anyone but Welbeck in my eyes.

Wellbeck just doesn’t look that interested to me. Just running down his career getting the pay checks where he can imo. Let’s be honest if we hadn’t have been desperate for any type of striker he wouldnt be here.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
First time all season where we haven't played well and still got something out of the game. That'll do :thumbsup:

Hope Webster isn't bad

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Given the fact Burnley will have been desperate to win that, given we will have inevitably been tired, & considering our injuries that’s a decent point. Weeks rest until the next league game.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Nasty, vile little club. Snide challenges all over the shop, a couple of elbows to the head for Mac, cynical dangerous high tackles for the 2 yellows in the first half. They are a team set out for thuggery, its the only way that miserable team can spoil their way to the points they need to stay up. Burnley are an ugly weeping cyst on the spine of the PL.

They do what they need to do with the budget they have. I’ve a lot of respect for them.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Certainly Welbeck on as a sub today didn't seem to make any significant difference. Was Tau on the bench?

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
What’s the verdict? I missed the second half thought we looked ok at half time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think that’s far too negative overall.

This was always going to be a tough game coming off the back of the efforts, physical and mental, plus the euphoria of those two games. Burnley are always difficult to play against anyway.

Harsh on the three individuals you’ve highlighted also, thought they all did ok. If any players to be criticised for performance then I would say Maupay and Connolly.

Clearly we missed March today but also Trossard. Mac Allister and Gross really missed his intelligence. Connolly not in the same league.

Agree it was a tough game, but still not a good performance.

Personally I think Maupay / Connolly looked far more dangerous than Trossard / Welbeck (Tross was ok though but no more than that). Think with the setup the team had after Lallana coming on that they would have been able to create more than the strikers that finished the game - far too often you could see Alexis and Lallana creating spaces in midfield but Welbeck made pretty much zero runs, he just stood by Tarkowski and Mee and waiting for **** knows, pinpoint passes from Scholes or Özil? I'm still not sold on Danny, but tbf not weird if he was rusty today - hopefully it will be better (if he stays fit).

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I’m not sure if your aware but, there’s no love in between Manchester & Burnley in fact there’s a fair bit of hatred between the two. Not that a referee would take sides or have a slight preference for an area, that would never happen.

It didn’t seem that way from the very dubious refereeing performance Taylor gave.

After all the worry of the past few months I actually really enjoyed a dull non-event of a game, I’m getting on a bit don’t need the stress

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Was surprised the first yellow wasn'r VAR'd to Red.
Is that not a thing anymore?

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
To play quite poorly and get a point away to Burnley is decent. Sanchez was (is) fantastic and has made a big difference since starting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here