Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
A decent point away against a bunch of thugs.

Every point is hard won and today was no different. Not the best from us by a country mile but Well Done Lads. Ground out a decent point and Sanchez was immense.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
hard fought indeed .....Burnley are thugs and the ref was a cop out ....Westwood done a beautiful swinging elbow into Macallisters face, Barnes in on Sanchesz twice , completely missed by the ref....then he goes and gives a soft free for them and gunnarsson gets MOM ffs , glad thats over .

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Well done lads a hard fought 1-1 and the players are obviously shattered after three tough games.
This. People moan about Potter chopping and changing personnel but today many of our players looked absolutely knackered. Maybe Potter should have rested a couple of players today.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Be good to see the Poles play in the cup. Could do with both contributing a little of the rest of the season.
In fact, we could really do with Clarke and Molumby.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Ah well. Burnley will see that as two points lost.

Well hung on in there.

Now. Come on you Irons.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Would have taken a point before the game so fine with taking one at final whistle. Glad we denied them 3 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Hard fought point that. We seemed a yard off the pace and a touch jaded today, especially on the second ball. We would of lost that last season.

Well played.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
This. People moan about Potter chopping and changing personnel but today many of our players looked absolutely knackered. Maybe Potter should have rested a couple of players today.

would rather rest players in the cup game than the league.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
It hurt my neck a bit with the amount of time the ball was in the air but I would have taken a point(I think) before kick off.
With the games coming round every other day, or so it seems, I think they're entitled to look a little knackered

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Thought the whole midfield and attack looked jaded second half. Never looked like getting the second and it seemed it was inevitable they'd get one eventually. Good to hold on and keep the unbeaten run going. Rest some ready for Villa next week.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Team clearly knackered, lots of injuries, we were not very good to be honest. But any point away at Burnley is good.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Not a good game or performance but a point is ok. Very disappointed with a few individual performances today, Gross and Bissouma were poor for pretty much 90 minutes and Welbeck spent 30 minutes on the pitch hiding, expect more from someone with his experience.

Hopefully Webster is ok, starting to looking a bit thin in defense.

I think that’s a bit too negative overall.

This was always going to be a tough game coming off the back of the efforts, physical and mental, plus the euphoria of those two games. Burnley are always difficult to play against anyway. I thought we showed real guts and resilience.

Harsh on the three individuals you’ve highlighted also, thought they all did ok. If any players to be criticised for performance then I would say Maupay and Connolly.

Clearly we missed March today but also Trossard. Mac Allister and Gross really missed his intelligence. Connolly not in the same league.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Second best today so happy to take the point. Not going to slate anyone after the last few games, bit of a dip hardly a surprise. Looked much more solid when Potter changed to 4 at the back.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Not good second half against the turgid thug cloggers who throw elbows and studs around for fun and shout at the officials constantly until they influence them - hate them. But good point, take it. Looked leggy - understandably...

Turgid bully boy football from the northerners, tough match but that's what it's all about, let us not forget they did beat Liverpool 0-1 at Anfield. :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here