• Must not lose

Votes: 33 17.6%
  • Just another game

Votes: 39 20.9%

• Total voters

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This has draw written all over it. On paper think most of the Burnley team would get into our first 11. Burnley in a false.position.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Whilst its not mathematically a must win, pschologically I think it is, if we lose, particularly with a whimper, and we get a gutless GP response from it it sounds alarm bells of defeatism. More to the point, IF we can't turn performances into results, and we haven't yet, perticularly against lesser teams it sets us on a path to relegation.

Hopefully we tear Burnley a well deserved new one.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Two strikers for Burnley, both ex Brighton, both good at heading, no Dunk, so we’re bound to lose.

That is what I expect but I am going for a must win as being cut adrift in a bottom 5 makes things so much harder. The confidence must be shakey now and another defeat could hit the players and GP hard. NSC, of course, would go into complete meltdown for some fans too.

So it’s not really a must win (as those are only games where relegation or winning something is nailed on if not won) but we must win to try and relieve the mounting pressure :shrug:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
No such thing as a must win til the last handful of games in a season.

I never understand that view.

All matches are worth the same number of points, but come the end of the season these are potentially the matches we look back upon with the most regret.

Its the opposition that matters, not the date.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not in the normal way, no. But if GP wants the fans on side he best get three points tonight.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
A must win game this evening, otherwise I really think the wheels will fall off. Naturally I am pessimistic person, and I really think Burnley will be in our faces and up for this. They've got a habbit of winning games they can't afford to lose. 0-2 Burnley. No doubt atomised will quote me moaning at my positive opinions again.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
A must win purely from the fact that if we balls this one up then the next two weeks during international break are going to see some serious toys being thrown from prams and the usual meltdown 'Potter must go' threads.

I thought the reaction was bad after the West Brom draw, but if we lose tonight there will be some serious bed wetting on here tonight.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It is now, been firing too many blanks. We need to get the season restarted

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If we don't win this it's another hammer blow after the West Brom must-win failure. We need to get our season up and running.

A professional performance please.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Not sure. But taking the positives and learning isn’t enough either.

Time to start producing

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Its not a must win. We are not relegated if we lose (or draw), we will not even be in the relegation zone after the match. With 30 games still to play, I can't see how this is a must win. Yes we all want to beat teams that are below us and 'relegation rivals', but we won't win all of those games, so they can't all be must win games.

The outcome of the match will perhaps shape the rest of the season and provide an insight into where we might finish. A win and we will probably be ok, a draw and it will be a bit more touch and go, and a defeat will make this a long slog of a season.

Will obviously be disappointing if we don't win tonight.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Obviously. If we don't win we will be relegated. Immedately. Fact.

:facepalm:

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
I’m sure we’ll play our usual neat, intelligent, probing football.....then get bullied off the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here