Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burn

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
100% This. Can’t understand why fans don’t see the shift he puts in and the chances he creates.

I think most of us do see that, but we also (unfortunately) see two really costly individual moments where he’s switched off late in a game, and it’s cost us.

I’m not anti-Burn by any stretch, but I thought he looked tired late in the game. GP might have looked at what he’d already contributed, the fact he was on a yellow card, and made a change. It’s always easy in hindsight from the comfort of the sofa though isn’t it? I’m happy enough if Burn is playing next week, as long as he’s had his Ready Brek/Weetabix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I totally agree.Burn switches off..as like last night for the killer 2nd goal & same @ Leicester in the cup..
And the move that lead to there goal..Ben white just decided to hoof it sky high...
We are in trouble come 5:00pm Saturday should Fulham win..as only a point of the bottom 3....
I’ve be saying this all season Potter will take us down....

Fulham play on Sunday I believe - but yes 'tis true.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It’s always a mixed bag with Burn but then we have to remember he is not our first choice left wing back that is March who is out for the season. He is stepping in and doing his best so hard to be too harsh on him for not being at the level of March.

We have been luckier on the right as we have been fortunate enough to replace Lamptey with someone with champions league pedigree.

I hope we can see what the Polish lad can do at LWB as we really need another option.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
People need to accept what BDB is and what he isn't. He's there for all he brings in terms of his overall game play. In putting him in at LB it is taking a calculated risk that whilst he isn't going to match the Triore's of this world for pace and agility, his overall contribution to the team makes the risk worth taking. The tactic is to mitigate this risk by having the appropriate backup - Solly provided this best.

Those who are so blinkered that they can only see him for a classic left back really haven't got a clue.

boik

He is absolute horse shit. Worst player I've seen in the stripes since Leon Best. He simply HAS to have some sort of hold over Potter to keep getting in the team, but what is even more baffling is that one game in ten he'll put in a decent cross and that's enough for tje lickers on here to think he's worthy of a starting spot.

Oh do behave! You usually talk b0ll0x, but that is right up there with your worst.

Worst player? Seriously? You absolutely revel in having someone to blame.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
All his many supporters go on about is how good he is going forward. Fact is he is first of all a defender. In this position he has been at fault for many goals conceded. Never mind like CMS he puts in a good shift.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Personally, I think there are obvious flaws in his game and he cost us a point last night. He offers a lot to our team going forward when he's at left wing back especially but his weaknesses are big problems when they're exposed. He's not as bad as some people think, or as good as others think. He really could be replaced quite comfortably but probably not cheaply.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
He is absolute horse shit. Worst player I've seen in the stripes since Leon Best. He simply HAS to have some sort of hold over Potter to keep getting in the team, but what is even more baffling is that one game in ten he'll put in a decent cross and that's enough for tje lickers on here to think he's worthy of a starting spot.

I see Henry Winter has logged on :rolleyes:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

I like Dan Burn but I wouldn't lick him.

I've criticised him in the past sure but he is an honest pro working really hard for us. He doesn't pick himself or his position, Potter does. He has been superb going forward recently - numerous crosses onto a head but the header has gone wide (hello Neal!). He has been caught out for pace leading to goals against four of the trickiest and fastest players (Arsenal, Wolves, Leicester, Palace ) but so have many. He has been caught out of position and knackered late in games too but that's because he has been instructed to bomb forward. He's grown into a cult figure for me and not to ridicule. Blame Potter but not Dan Burn imo.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
We were better when he was left wing back than when Alzate was trying to do it.

Well, that's a stunning surprise! Alzate has been shoddily treated this season and now he's been thrown in at left wing back and hooked at half time as if HE was the problem first half. Clearly he isn't. The manager is too inflexible to start with a back 4 and Burn at left back, he has to keep his back three (despite one of them being unavailable). I thought he was meant to be a tactical genius? No sign of it again last night.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Only one example of horse shit in that post.

No - make that two. The scumbag use of the word 'lickers' too.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Joke of a post. Almost parody levels.

And “lickers”? Where’s Guiness Boy for this one then? “Omg it’s starting an us v them”. This kind of post is completely fine presumably.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Joke of a post. Almost parody levels.

And “lickers”? Where’s Guiness Boy for this one then? “Omg it’s starting an us v them”. This kind of post is completely fine presumably.

I think Burn does a colossal job for us, box to box. I don't see it as us and them mate, I :love: your opinions, total respect from me to you, it's all about opinions.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Dont get why BDB is the scapegoat for some for the goal - he loses out in a foot-race, but competes and makes the cross pretty weak .. Dunk is at fault for that, fair and square for his positioning. Alzate wasn't the scapegoat for GP, but he was the tactical change.. Burn has more experience at playing full-back rather than wing-back. It wa snothing to do with Alzate's performance but how to get a 2nd player on up front with Maupay..

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
How many times did he let someone past him to cross tonight? Only once, from what I can remember. Its not optimal, but its usually not the end of the world either - most PL defenders allow it to happen mulitple times every game. Sure, in hindsight he could have taken a tactical foul. Or Alzate could have pressured the bloke who gave the winger the pass. Or Dunk/White could have done things in a different way. There's always things you can do better, but what people see is only Burn losing a duel against Ayew... but trust me, he is not the first or the last defender to let Ayew cross a ball.

Second goal, well he could have been closer to Benteke. Definitely. But if you blame Burn for the first goal, why not blame Veltman for the second? Its basically the same: winger has the ball, defender fails to stop him from crossing. He gets seconds and gets space to put in the perfect cross. But just like I wont blame Burn for the first goal I wont blame Veltman for the second. These are things that happen every game and today was the total punishment. A knackered Veltman dont put in the pressure he would have in the best possible world, Burn doesnt mark Benteke as close as he would have in the best possible world.

Its unfortunate. It hurts horribly. But the blame game is useless. With very few exceptions, there is four or five players who could have done something different when you concede, and at least four or five players involved in any goal you score.

Has much as i dislike you purely on your comments about are past history or lack of knowledge you do talk a lot sense regarding football.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003

Have a day off being a knob eh.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I said this about Webster last season, and now about Burn this year: a defender’s chief job is to defend. As good a job as Burn does marauding forward, if he’s playing as part of a back three or a left back, he has to get the defending right first. Webster’s improved primarily on his defensive work this year, making his runs forward even more enjoyable to watch as you know he’s also solid at the back.

That’s not to say I blame Burn for last night.. We all know his limitations, so GP stating him (granted the injuries) and the rest of the team putting him in these situations (i.e. allowing yet another cross to come into the box in the dying seconds) isn’t BDB’s fault. See the Wolves game against Traore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here