Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burn

scouse23

Jan 30, 2008
Dan Burn

who continually costs us points with his in-ability to defend. Potter should of taken Burn off with ten minutes to go, he was on a yellow card and was fortunate not to get a second yellow when he suddenly thought he was back on the basket ball pitch again, he cost us 2 points against Wolves and 3 points last night.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Apparently, if you don't agree with Potter then you don't understand football.

Not his best last night and perhaps lucky not to have received a yellow earlier in the match but he's not the only player that was below par. Some players on considerably more money were worse.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I’m annoyed we sent Bernardo away, we do need an actual LB as I really like burn, I do, he’s been thrust into a position that isn’t his natural position and has done ok with it, but as a defender, assuming Benteke would miss as his form is awful cost us a goal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
who continually costs us points with his in-ability to defend. Potter should of taken Burn off with ten minutes to go, he was on a yellow card and was fortunate not to get a second yellow when he suddenly thought he was back on the basket ball pitch again, he cost us 2 points against Wolves and 3 points last night.

back post Leicester ....shame cos he had a good game but **** me dead that was a painful way to lose ....Benteke ffs ffs and ffs. White just a as much in the frame and LLana for being a luxury lightweight show pony ......if MacAllister stayed on i reckon we win the game so Potter gets a serve too.....**** of a result.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I’m annoyed we sent Bernardo away, we do need an actual LB as I really like burn, I do, he’s been thrust into a position that isn’t his natural position and has done ok with it, but as a defender, assuming Benteke would miss as his form is awful cost us a goal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
he just had to get his head on it ....but he had run his socks off all game ....i like him too but jesus christ what a sucker punch.:sick:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I think you can tell within the first ten minutes if he's going to have a blinder or a disaster, there seems to be no middle ground.

I have no problem with him being outpaced, that can happen to anyone but there's so many poor sides to his game. Misplaced passes, the dreadful first touch (it always looks like the ball bobbles just before it gets to him) , complete lack of aerial threat despite being 8 feet tall, needless clumsy fouls. There were a few good points to his game yesterday, his attacking positioning was good, a few decent crosses and we seemed to pick him out well with cross field diagonals but on the whole he's an absolute liability.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We had to play him last night: we had no other CB and if we were going to play four at the back, had no proper LB either. Perhaps the real question is why do we have five CBs out on loan right now because it would have been useful to have another option

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Him and Veltman were our best attacking outlets last night.

How don’t people see that in itself is the problem? Easy to blame Burn but look at our goals scored to chances created and that tells you the biggest problem.

bukta 1976

Nov 2, 2011
west sussex
I totally agree.Burn switches off..as like last night for the killer 2nd goal & same @ Leicester in the cup..
And the move that lead to there goal..Ben white just decided to hoof it sky high...
We are in trouble come 5:00pm Saturday should Fulham win..as only a point of the bottom 3....
I’ve be saying this all season Potter will take us down....

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

How don’t people see that in itself is the problem? Easy to blame Burn but look at our goals scored to chances created and that tells you the biggest problem.

Quoting my own post but:

Burn has been one of our best players recently, every goal you concede can be assigned to a mistake by a defender: the first goal last night was woeful schoolboy stuff from Ben white, a poor attempt at a block from dunk but guess who got the flack in the match thread? You guessed it, Dan burn.

We tore them apart with that cross field ball to burn and created a million chances, normally through Veltman and himself that our useless attackers couldn’t finish, as usual. Watch the second half 25 minutes or so where we were all over them, nearly all our attacks were through Burn and Veltman. Burn actually put in 3 crosses that we created 3 big chances from.

And by the way I say this as someone who has critiqued Burn, earlier in the season I thought he was done and shouldn’t be in the team.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Indeed. Burns link up play with Trossard was of quality last night. His crossing was good at times.

I see a desperate desire to blame in this thread.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

It’s always a mixed bag with Burn but then we have to remember he is not our first choice left wing back that is March who is out for the season. He is stepping in and doing his best so hard to be too harsh on him for not being at the level of March.

We have been luckier on the right as we have been fortunate enough to replace Lamptey with someone with champions league pedigree.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Proper gangly grafter. He is what he is, whether it be the win v Liverpool or the loss v Palace. Nice honest lad. Not to say an upgrade wouldn't be nicer tho eh?

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Quoting my own post but:

Burn has been one of our best players recently, every goal you concede can be assigned to a mistake by a defender: the first goal last night was woeful schoolboy stuff from Ben white, a poor attempt at a block from dunk but guess who got the flack in the match thread? You guessed it, Dan burn.

We tore them apart with that cross field ball to burn and created a million chances, normally through Veltman and himself that our useless attackers couldn’t finish, as usual. Watch the second half 25 minutes or so where we were all over them, nearly all our attacks were through Burn and Veltman. Burn actually put in 3 crosses that we created 3 big chances from.

100% This. Can’t understand why fans don’t see the shift he puts in and the chances he creates.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
He is absolute horse shit. Worst player I've seen in the stripes since Leon Best. He simply HAS to have some sort of hold over Potter to keep getting in the team, but what is even more baffling is that one game in ten he'll put in a decent cross and that's enough for tje lickers on here to think he's worthy of a starting spot.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
For all he brings to the side, it doesn't make up for his deficiencies in my opinion. On balance I'd leave him out, then ship him out.

Nothing personal, lovely chap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here