Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bundesliga - pick your team !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wolfsburg...obviously!

Same here, but only because I had a chat with their manager at a hotel in Puerto Banus. The team were staying at the same hotel as us on a winter break a couple of years ago. Their manager was a good friend of the then Huddersfield manager whose name escapes me now. We were talking mostly Championship football as we were neck and neck with Huddersfield at the top of the League.

Bizarrely there were a few German journalists with the team and they all had Liverpool sweat shirts and T shirts

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Is winning more important to you than taking part? NO
Are you just glad to be at the party? YES
In fact, is the party more important than taking part? HELAU!!
Do you prefer beer or wine? BIER

This took me to Fortuna Dusseldorf.

* - on a day when I'm fancying wine I'd end up at 1. FSV Mainz 05

Same for me.

Wont be cheering for a team managed by Uwe Rösler though. Complete scumbag of a human, which is why he got fired from Malmö FF. He benched one of their best players for 12 games because he failed to mark his opponent on a corner, and locked a young defender inside a toilet when he had a bad game.

Most of the teams I like in Germany are stuck in the second division so I guess I will just watch it neutrally. Maybe Werder Bremen, they played quite nice football... 15 years ago.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I love the Bundesliga, always watch a lot of it. Excelent standard of football, exciting games and usually wonderful crowds. Hopefully this will convert a lot of other fans.

Leverkusen currently my favourite side entirely down to Kai Havertz.

Not been quite as good this season as last but he was really starting to turn it on again just before the lockdown. One of the most exciting young players in world football - wonderful to watch.

(Obviously the Albion love in helps too!)

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Love Union Berlin's story, had a soft spot well before this all kicked off, and before they reached the top division, through my love of Berlin and its history. So Union for me!

Absolutely this, despite pressure from Pogue Junior who says that "supporting Leverkusen is basically supporting the Albion."

Great video about their story here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/50267677

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I spent the summer of 1980 working in Dusseldorf. Watched Fortuna Dusseldorf play Borussia Monchengladbach. Have always looked out for Fortuna's results since (0-0 today).

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Nurnburg

play in 2. Bundesliga

went down last year,in danger of going down again this year too

why?

nothing to do with the bloke who tried to destory the world
it's where my Father is buried

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I watched Leipzig v Freiburg. It's not the same, felt a bit like a friendly. However, I did enjoy it. I'd forgotten how much I loathe VAR!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I spent the summer of 1980 working in Dusseldorf. .

image.jpeg

:) on site?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

I loved that program. No we were basically doing student type of work at the airport and up at the Dutch border. Happy memories, I must pop back for a visit one day, We used to have some great nights in the old town (Altstat).:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here