Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bullying

Kev the Ape

At college i am getting bullied, and i dont what to do about it. :angry:, i am getting name called by everyone in class except for a few people. And its making me feel so depressed and lonely.:angry:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im not quite sure youve picked the right forum to ask for advice on this matter...

Kev the Ape

John Boy said:
How do you react? If you cry or shout at them you are only making them happy. If you ignore it and blank them they will tire and stop it.

Trust me, it works!

I had a good arguement with a fat girl in my class today, She didnt even know who the beatles where. :lolol:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I f***ing HATE bullies .Don't let the bastards get you down Kev.Is there someone at college you can go to?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just ignore them and spend time with those you have a lot in common with.

You like football, hang around with other kids who like it.

My youngest (7) was being picked on by a lunatic at school and around 4-weeks ago we got to the point where he didn't want to go to school. Teachers saw what was happening, moved him to another table, now happy bunny and can't wait for school.

Moral of the story - situations turn around very quickly just make the right choices on friends and ignore the idiots - they'll soon tire of this.

He couldn't make the decisions due to his age but fortunately teachers did it for him.

Kev the Ape

sams dad said:
I f***ing HATE bullies .Don't let the bastards get you down Kev.Is there someone at college you can go to?

yeah my teacher Ruth she a lovely person who supports The Albion apart from she dont know any players names. I always go to her for advice.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
sams dad said:
I f***ing HATE bullies .Don't let the bastards get you down Kev
i echo that , f***ing got bullied throughout school

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Kev, ignore them. Don't let them see that they have got to you.

Have you had a word with someone at the college? Is it confined to name calling?

Kev the Ape

Yorkie said:
Kev, ignore them. Don't let them see that they have got to you.

Have you had a word with someone at the college? Is it confined to name calling?

I have a personal assistant but its like talking to grim reaper, my teacher Ruth is always there.

spidey

Jun 17, 2004
B Hill
Kev, I think schools/colleges are aware to bullying these days.
Highlight it to a tutor for a start.
I don't know you, but I would assume you are an outgoing bloke, maybe a lower profile would work?
As Sam's dad says, don't let the bastards get you down.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Either ignore it or get the ring leader on his own & have it out with him - it may result in a scrap? If it does, whether you win or lose, shake his hand & that'll be the end of it, believe me.

I personally wouldn't go 'squealing' to a teacher. If the bullies find out it'll be 10 times as bad.

If you don't mind me saying Kev, you do come across as a bit of a Mummy's boy? No offence intended.

:)

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
There are fundamentally two types of bully; a) power seekers, b) reaction seekers. The difference is in the humiliation level. Power seeking bullies will always try to make you do something that you don't want to - almost always with physical violence being a factor. The reaction seeker will do or say things that they expect you to react to - this could be words or [unpleasant] practical jokes - but not too often violent.

Dealing with type a) is tough until you've worked out why you are the chosen one - outside intevention may be necessary.

Type b) is much more an agrevation/irretation but you are the chosen one only because you react, and specifically the way you react. You have to change your reaction to one that does not give the reaction seeker what they desire.

In both cases the strategy has to be to get away from being the chosen one - invariably bullies will always be picking on someone, you just have to devise a stragey to ensure its not you.

I'm not condoning bullying, but its much easier to avoid being the victim than it is to stop the bully [which is obviously preferable]

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
It is really difficult but try to laugh with them.
School/ College kids who bully often see school/college as a popularity contest and only bully you as they feel it makes them look better than you to other people.(often opposite sex)
They probably bully you as they feel inadaquate themselves in some way andwant to feel better about themselves.
By rising above it and laughing with them they will feel stupid and stop bullying you.
Unfortunately they will probably move on to someone else.

Bullies are the lowest of the low. All middle and High schools have an anti bullying policy these days. I would assume colleges have the same? You'd think college kids would be past bullying. Maybe I'm being naive? Talk to somebody at college who you can confide in. Talk to your teacher and also the personal assistant you mention. If your college has an anti bullying policy, then your P.A. MUST act. By fudging the issue she's failing in her duty of care......

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
David M makes a good point, bullies often do what they do to make themselves look good in front of either their peer group or because they get a kick from it to cover up for some form of insecurity.

You do have a number of choices, one of the riskiest is to thump the largest member of the group the next time you are targeted, this risks you either getting a kicking from them and their mates if you don't do enough to discourage them. On the other hand if you cause them to lose face completely the problem will probably go away and you will have moved a few steps up the pecking order.

I would never advocate violence as the first option, if you want to get the problem dealt with properly then you should always report the matter, all organisations are bound to investigate all claims of bullying and to punish the perpetrators if there is sufficient evidence to back up a claim.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Kev, I was bullied for years at school, all of it verbal, never physical, and it was bloody hard. But I come out of it alright in the end (I think :lolol:) Never happened in Brighton, strangely, only when I moved oop norf to Liverpool.

I always just laughed it off, which was hard, cos I felt like shit inside, but in the end I remember one kid saying to his mate, "I can't believe he's coping with this" and them tiring of it in the end. Saying that, I know one bloke from school days who decked the bully, and that was that for ever.

Tough one mate, I'd speak 'no names' to a teacher for a bit of advice.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Kev the Ape said:
i think i am mummyboy but i cant help it because i aint got many m8s part from braders and my Gf Billie but noone else. :(

That's two mates you have got for a start. Believe in yourself. You are just as good as any of that lot.

Don't let them put you down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here