Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bullying

Stewart96

Banned
Jul 28, 2010
With anti bullying week just gone/coming. Have any of you been bullied? Or seen anyone really bullied?

I haven't really, but I have been teased before for being a Brighton fan. And yes, I live in Brighton!:angry:

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
I never did i was in the cool gang.....

My brother got bullied quite bad for being chubby and people called him Peter Griffin from family guy. I call him that though!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
My brother has always had weight issues & in addition to that has always been quite short so he was an easy victim for kids at school.

It used to upset me so much, I tried to fight his corner for him as often as possible. Including one time when i ended up with a massive shiner fighting for him.

I think its affected the way his adult life has turned out too. He's not the most outgoing person & doesn't have a lot of friends. I often think if he'd got a bit of a break it might've been different for him.

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
In the most, I think bullying slowly and gradually disappears as people get older, for example, when I was in year 7, there was a little, not much and not towards myself. But as you get older the pricks get singled out as, pricks. Most of the people who used to bully people are either high 24/7 or excluded. I think it depends on the school, I go to Blatch so there isn't much at all.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
My brother has always had weight issues & in addition to that has always been quite short so he was an easy victim for kids at school.

It used to upset me so much, I tried to fight his corner for him as often as possible. Including one time when i ended up with a massive shiner fighting for him.

I think its affected the way his adult life has turned out too. He's not the most outgoing person & doesn't have a lot of friends. I often think if he'd got a bit of a break it might've been different for him.

That pretty much sums up my brother. I never got to stand up for him as i am 25 and he is 16.
It used to make me really angry, kids would post abuse on his facebook and generally mock him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I used to call Adrie Pumkin head at school :(

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
That pretty much sums up my brother. I never got to stand up for him as i am 25 and he is 16.
It used to make me really angry, kids would post abuse on his facebook and generally mock him.

I'm really glad facebook and mobile phones weren't around when I was at school, kids these days have alot to contend with

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I went to the Littlehampton Community School. One of the 'inbetweeners' type kids in my year was constantly berated by one of the 'cool' bullies for years. Even as the inbetweener started to grow (and work out) he ignored the bully's comments until one day the bully hit him around the head with a hockey stick. He then calmly turned aroud, took off his bag and punched seven shades of shit out of the bully.

The funny thing was that he had teachers coming up to him for weeks afterwards congratulating him!

There was this kid in school who was flat footed. He walked like a duck, and other boys would punch him and deride him for it.

Later on, after school was over and we were out working, I met the lad and we talked - and I found out he was a massive fan of The WHO, and had loads of great posters and stuff - and I wish I'd known that before. Sad truth was, that being chummy with him would have been 'somewhat uncool', and all the time I'd been rabbiting on about not kow-towing to what everyone else decided was 'de regueur' and trendy.
So, that was me taught a little lesson.

I did bully one kid for being a tell-tale though. I'd shot a good spitball of blotting paper that splattered right next to this awful French teacher, and when he asked "who threw that?" this kid told him. I got 6, and that kid got thumped.

I was bullied though, when I was 9 and 10. I had to wear a leg calliper, with a built-up shoe. I got called 'cripple' and 'pegleg' - but particularly by one kid Paul Robb that used to kick me, then run away laughing saying "can't catch me, pegleg".
Then, one morning in the next school, at about 12 or 13 years old.... playing kickabout with a piece of wood in the playground, cocky Mr Robb landed a satchel right into my back and followed it with some mocking crap. I walked up to him, told him he could no longer run away - and thumped him right in the ear so hard it swelled up and glowed, throbbing nicely while I sternly looked down into his cowardly soul. The rest of the playground came crowding round, begging me "hit him again", which just showed him how popular he really was with the other lads. I just stared him down contemptuously, and strolled away satisfied with the lesson handed down.

There was a black lad in my year, a really nice bloke, and member of the rugby team. The skinheads from the year below us decided it was time to sort him out - just for being black.
So, in the classroom they walked one lunchtime, when we were all just chilling. Immediately, upon surrounding him, they found themselves surrounded... by many of the rest of the rugby team! Funny, the tough skins went all quiet and meek, and shuffled uncomfortably out of that room again! Hilario.

In the King and Queen for a beer with my group of mates (still are), and one lad who came down from London to hang out (he'd moved there). He knew the latest stuff going on in the City, and seeing a nasty NF racist sticker on the toilet wall he peeled it while telling me "this lot are serious". Well, as soon as I climbed the steps back up to the bar, he was there surrounded by skinhead thugs. We, my mates and I, weren't exactly scary tuffies, but we rallied around our mate and asked "what's your problem?".
"ah, well..... we wanted to talk wiv yor mayt abaht our sticker fing..... you ought to fink abaht JOINING us!"
And there was this pudgy round-spectacled yellow-skinned pratt they'd been sitting with, twiddling his fat thumbs while they did the 'dirty work'. A Mr John Tyndall.
Er...."no thanks". And we went on with our evening as was usual for a weekend on the town.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
With regards to bullying on NSC I think US gets a lot from people whom he might have considered friends once. One particular member who has been around since the beginning of NSC has turned into quite a spiteful attacker towards US.

He's probably tapping his 'give a f*** ometer' right now.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles

This is actually remarkably similar to my personal experience, though being the eldest of my brothers, i had no-one to look after me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here