Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bullying at work

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Make a formal grievance under harassment and bullying. Once the complaint is made to the manager the grievance should be dealt with within 28 days, and the company is liable as well as chef if not dealt witty.

No constructive dismissal I'm afraid as under 1 year, and they have 2 months to provide a contract.

Good luck!

ryeseagull

Feb 26, 2009
United States
The George?

I used to work in some hotels in Rye (White Vine and Hope Anchor) over ten years ago, during holidays from University. The management really had no idea what they were doing. In fact, they were mostly drunk.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
I've worked as a chef for over 35 years in the UK, Oz, NZ. Been subject to bullying myself & probably on the odd occasion dished it out when I shouldn't have.

But what has happened to your son is totally unacceptable, once things get physical, the gloves are off & this place needs to be hammered.

You could approach a local union who would have the right to enter the premises, & get the place unionised.
Or your son could take his complaint to the Human Rights Commision. Because his human rights have definately been violated, people don't have to put up with that sort of shit anymore.
In the same way that kids at school are no longer caned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here