Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bull gets revenge - not for the squeamish

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yes obviously dog fighting is absolutely fine thats clearly what I meant. So you are basically saying 75000 deaths is no worse then 500 deaths. A strange idea but I will go with it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes obviously dog fighting is absolutely fine thats clearly what I meant. So you are basically saying 75000 deaths is no worse then 500 deaths. A strange idea but I will go with it.
Er, I think you need to re-read my post. I supposed that horse racing was worse than dog fighting, based on the number of deaths attributed to each. Something you did when comparing horse racing to bull fighting.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I see what you mean but I cannot see the rationale. Clearly 75000 deaths is worse then 500 deaths which someone else brought into the argument as a comparison between the 2 things.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dessie died happy and contented at 27.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think people are forgetting the many MILLIONS of fish that are killed or maimed in the name of sport.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Or the number of birds that are killed in the name of sport not to mention how many people want to see the return of Fox Hunting ...

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I'm a meat eater and hate the torment bulls are put through in the name of entertainment. How anybody could enjoy watching an animal tortured defies belief, still there are plenty of sickos and physcho's in the human race.

I would like to think that any animal sent to a slaughterhouse in this country is dealt with in a humane way, although I am aware that in some cases, standards have been reported to be below accepted levels.

Interesting point, question is some animals are rendered unconsious before they are killed quickly, other animals are strung up alive and then have their throats cut, dying eventually from the loss of blood. How charming.

One method is humane, the other barbaric and just like other medieval practices like slavery, killing relatives for honour and arranged marriages it will continue to be widely practised to this day in supposedly enlightened western countries. Weird.

brulee

Aug 12, 2008
how many greyhounds are killed a year because they are not profitable. long live san fermin

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here