Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Building Falmer

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Didnt I hear MP say at the Hove Town Hall presentation that ALL of the offices were going into temporary accomodation/portacabins at Falmer later this year when the planning permission is granted.

Maybe i misheard him then but i thought The project office was going until the new stadium is ready for the general offices club shop etc to move?

Ed or Roz can you please confirm this?

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Why be so cloak and danger about it. I thought the board were going to be honest about everything?

I've not once said that all funding bids will be unsuccessful. I simply pointed out that the club were asking for serious amounts of money from the lottery. If it's not going to come from that source then where is it coming from? Given the fact the club are now communicating in a different manner about funding it suggests to me that the club aren't 100% sure about that question either.

Good! I really hope you are right!

Nothing wrong with asking for funding from all areas, every bit of money that can be sourced will help free up money for the playing budget. The club, quite rightly, don't want info about what they are doing spouted all over the place and when asked they actually answered HONESTLY but requested it was not made general knowledge.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Well thanks for putting my mind at ease guess there will always be rumours and speculation just would be nice to keep the fans informed alittle bit more not just the chosen few to spread the word.:falmer:

Hmmmm! It would be nice, I must've imagined that f*cking great meeting that I went to at Hove town Hall...

It's quite simple, if they were to say "We expect to get X million pounds from company A" then they would not be able to haggle with this company, or a company B, to try and get more money. It's commercially sensitive information, almost like a silent auction. If the club say they need 10 million pounds (or whatever) from a private company in order to fund the stadium, they won't be able to try and get 15 million (and thus have more of their own dosh, or perhaps someone like Tony Bloom's dosh) to spend on the team.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It is when it's certain people that spout lies.

If you are implying I have lied, please show me where!

And that is COMPLETELY the Albion's fault, is it?

Completely no, some of it yes I believe so.

So your "friend of a friend" went against MP's wishes. Then YOU broke a promise.

No, my friend of friend worked for the lottery he didn't want me to mention anything at the time and I didn't. I was asked by MP to keep the information to myself, which I did until a couple of month back when it became apparent that MP was changing the language used when referring to the funding.

Says a lot about what kind of person you really are.

Honest, loyal, caring (even after the grief I've got on here for trying to help), all round super hero.....I guess you are right!

Thanks buddy! :thumbsup:

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Arthur u are a cock:censored:

Think Arthur has a few valid points but it seems to upset the illumnati, there seems to be alot of people on here that claim to know alot of whats going on and get royally pissed off when questioned, as i said earlier i'm just voicing my concerns and would never run the club down or people involved in the project, only want the facts.:thumbsup:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Think Arthur has a few valid points but it seems to upset the illumnati, there seems to be alot of people on here that claim to know alot of whats going on and get royally pissed off when questioned, as i said earlier i'm just voicing my concerns and would never run the club down or people involved in the project, only want the facts.:thumbsup:

Do you mean illuminati?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The cluib have stated that the diggers would be in by the end of the year. Why not just take them at their word and let them get on with whatever they have to do til then? Fair enough, rip 'em to shreds when it don't happen, but til then they've broken no pact with the fans.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I've not once said that all funding bids will be unsuccessful. I simply pointed out that the club were asking for serious amounts of money from the lottery. If it's not going to come from that source then where is it coming from?

a bank.

shock idea eh? but like any good business they want to get the best deal they can. if they can get a few million from the lottery then great, less money to borrow. and before you say credit crunch, they can get the money, its just the cost of it, 6% v 8% or whatever, thats changed now. but the less needed or the more sources of funding, the better deal they can get.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Fair enough that you're wanting answers. We all do.

To be honest, as a result of the Hove Town Hall meeting, we were told that, support for the six planning applications aside, the next big moment to tell us about was the award of the winning of the contract tender. That will be announced in August, I believe. After that, we can then hopefully close the deal on getting the money.

Until then, how can you ask to borrow a given amount of money when you don't know exactly how much you're going to need? That's not being part of any 'illuminati', that's going on the club's public statements.

It's not the fact that Arthur questions the club that pisses people off (in fact, he doesn't actually do that at all), it's just that he is told the same facts as the rest of us, but for reasons he won't or can't divulge, thinks the club is hiding something for nefarious purposes, or at the very least, thinks we're all being duped.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So telling your potential customers to f*** off is acceptable is it?

11 years, still no ground, set back after set back in the planning application. Now it's through haven't got any money to get the ground built. No you are right, it's been plain sailing since day 1!

Covered this numerous times before hand. The club asked the lottery for a massive sum of money, I know this because a friend of a friend works for the lottery. The club was declined any money as it was deemed not in the community interest for the lottery to provide such a large amount of money to one project in the area. Also they felt if they gave money to us they would have to do so to every football club in the country trying to build a new ground.

This information was never made public, so I asked a fan figure who I know has a good relationship with Martin Perry to ask him about it. He did so via email. His reply was shocking! It basically said, yes we applied to the lottery and they turned us down, but please don't make put this in the public domain as people will start asking questions as to where the money is ACTUALLY going to come from.

At the time I sat on this and obeyed Perry's wishes as I'd also promised my contact at the lottery I wouldn't say anything. Now it's becoming quite clear that the club are struggling to get the money and that some of you clowns are so blinkered it's unreal I feel I need to help some of you see the light a little.

If the club's only response is to tell people to "f*** off" and that they are "not welcome" then that suggests to me that I may well have touched a nerve. You've then got to ask yourself why so aggressive?

Or as I suspect TLO was just name dropping and said conversation probably didn't happen

I heard over a year ago that the club were applying for lottery money (as you would), because that was the sensible thing to do.

As we havent heard anymore about it, I rightly assumed they didn't get it.

I thought the money would have been used to greatly expand the community side of things and was never thought of as paying for the bricks, steel etc...

Not getting the money would never have meant the stadium itself couldn't be financed.

Could be wrong

Last edited:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It's not the fact that Arthur questions the club that pisses people off (in fact, he doesn't actually do that at all), it's just that he is told the same facts as the rest of us, but for reasons he won't or can't divulge, thinks the club is hiding something for nefarious purposes, or at the very least, thinks we're all being duped.

Give it rest would you. I've not once suggested that anything dodgy is going on. I've just pointed out that Martin Perry isn't the hero that some of you blinkered tosspots think he is.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I thought the money would have been used to greatly expand the community side of things and was never thought of as paying for the bricks, steel etc...

Not getting the money would never have meant the stadium itself couldn't be financed.

Could be wrong

We're talking several millions of pounds here, not a couple of grand.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
We're talking several millions of pounds here, not a couple of grand.

I know and I've just remembered where I was when I heard the club weren't getting it and the nature of the request.

I don't remember talk of the stadium begin at risk. Funnily enough I do realise that a couple of grand wasn't what the club were after. I also remember the environment at the time. I can understand why the club didn't go running to the Argus with news they'd been turned down for Lottery funding.

This was ages ago wasn't it ? It doesn't really bear any relavence to anything now.

To be honest, it was only when you mentioned it that I remembered the Lottery thing.

Last edited:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Give it rest would you. I've not once suggested that anything dodgy is going on. I've just pointed out that Martin Perry isn't the hero that some of you blinkered tosspots think he is.

And where has Martin Perry EVER been hero-worshipped on here?

Most people he thinks he does a good job, and he is going to get the stadium built, but hero worship? Come off it?

It's you that has the Martin Perry agenda, nobody else.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton

Blinkered tosspot ??

How can you come on here and call people that when you don't even know them??

And when MP gets the stadium built on time the only person that will look like a tosspot is you quite frankly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here