Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Building Falmer

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Still find it odd no takes on the finance this is most strange with work already beginning be prepared for disappoint the money is quite clearly not there at moment:eek:

Really? The only thing clear to me is that you don't know anything. That doesn't mean that the money is or isn't there. The fact that the information isn't out in the public domain leads me to believe that everything is being dealt with professionally and properly. Thats no cause for concern as far as I'm concerned.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
If they find anything like a rare flower or such I will walk up there and stamp on it!

I guess we can rely on the fact that the Falmer brigate will have swept the area for rare orchids, one eyed bats, pissed up newts, Roming remains, and last straws to clutch.:salute:

Really? The only thing clear to me is that you don't know anything. That doesn't mean that the money is or isn't there. The fact that the information isn't out in the public domain leads me to believe that everything is being dealt with professionally and properly. Thats no cause for concern as far as I'm concerned.
Correct.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Not really, I believe in Derek Chapman's expertise more than yours.

But you have reminded me that I have a personal message for you from Derek Chapman. He's says you're 'not f***ing welcome at Falmer'. His words, not mine.

Message ends.

Awwww it's good to know you talk about me to the "top brass". I feel humbled!

If you are in fact telling the truth, did you stop to think WHY he would be so aggressive about getting his point across?? Maybe because I'm not far off the mark perhaps??

Good that you feel the need to pass on information that senior club official likes to tell his customers to f*** off as well, I'm sure he'd be made up about that!

Or maybe you are just lying trying to make yourself look important??

Well I'm impressed, you really are MY HERO :love::love::love:

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside

Thats right i dont know anything just voicing my concerns cant help at being abit worried, im afraid there is alot of talking on here with nothing actually being said just look at the posts counts of some of the experts.:thumbsup:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Awwww it's good to know you talk about me to the "top brass". I feel humbled!

If you are in fact telling the truth, did you stop to think WHY he would be so aggressive about getting his point across?? Maybe because I'm not far off the mark perhaps??

Good that you feel the need to pass on information that senior club official likes to tell his customers to f*** off as well, I'm sure he'd be made up about that!

Or maybe you are just lying trying to make yourself look important??

Well I'm impressed, you really are MY HERO :love::love::love:

That's quite a flounce. If I didn't know better, I'd say you feel hurt by that.

I know I'm not important as far as the club goes - at least no more than the vast majority of others.

I merely pointed out to him when we were nattering at a function - after he'd said what a good week he'd had on the Falmer front - that there were one or two who felt that Falmer wouldn't be ready for five years or more. Not that I mentioned you by name of course.

'Well, you tell him from me he's not f***ing welcome at Falmer. What the f*** does he know about it? Does he work on the project? I'm not having anyone f***ing running my work down. That project will be built on time and on budget. I will take it personally if it isn't...' etc

Still, you don't have to believe him, or me.

And I suspect you don't.

Still, I'm not bothered one way or the other - I just thought I'd pass that message on.

Last edited:

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside

I know I'm not important as far as the club goes - at least no more than the vast majority of others.

I merely pointed out to him when we were nattering at a function - after he'd said what a good week he'd had on the Falmer front - that there were one or two who felt that Falmer wouldn't be ready for five years or more. Not that I mentioned you by name of course.

'Well, you tell him from me he's not f***ing welcome at Falmer. What the f*** does he know about it? Does he work on the project? I'm not having anyone f***ing running my work down. That project will be built on time and on budget. I will take it personally if it isn't...' etc

And I suspect you don't.

Still, I'm not bothered one way or the other - I just thought I'd pass that message on.

Well thanks for putting my mind at ease guess there will always be rumours and speculation just would be nice to keep the fans informed alittle bit more not just the chosen few to spread the word.:falmer:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Well thanks for putting my mind at ease guess there will always be rumours and speculation just would be nice to keep the fans informed alittle bit more not just the chosen few to spread the word.:falmer:

Perhaps you should pay more attention. :)

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Perhaps you should pay more attention. :)

Maybe i should keep update more on here then i wouldn't fall behind, sir.Is it 100 lines again, detention or a dickyback ride round the office again :ohmy:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

And I suspect you don't.

Right, so you're telling me a director of this football club that is currently struggling to get anywhere close to selling 9k seats is already telling their fans that they aren't welcome at a ground with over twice that number of seats?? For the simple reason of questioning that the stadium will get built in five years.....given the fact that the project has been a complete disaster so far and that the club are struggling to get the money together to pay for it and trying to cover it up??

Well in which case then I don't really want to spend my hard earned with that company then! So don't worry Mr Chapman, my cash will be staying firmly in my pocket! You can pass that information on from me next time you are smoozing at one of your "functions".

Or maybe you are making it all up?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Maybe i should keep update more on here then i wouldn't fall behind, sir.Is it 100 lines again, detention or a dickyback ride round the office again :ohmy:

A good spanking will suffice. ;)

Right, so you're telling me a director of this football club that is currently struggling to get anywhere close to selling 9k seats is already telling their fans that they aren't welcome at a ground with over twice that number of seats?? For the simple reason of questioning that the stadium will get built in five years.....given the fact that the project has been a complete disaster so far and that the club are struggling to get the money together to pay for it and trying to cover it up?
No.

I think TLO is telling you that the directors of the Albion - particularly those who are working flat out on the project - are getting fed up with the detractors, who are spreading untruths about what is happening.

What "complete disaster"? What "struggling to get the money together"? What "cover up"?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
One of the six planning applications is required for this. To answer your question on hear a few days ago, I think the others are:

1) Extension of stay at Withdean until 2011.
2) Widening of access road to University of Sussex.
3) Change of stadium use to include current City College proposals.
4) 'Tidying up variation' to incorporate changes in legislation, regulations etc since the initial application.
5) Removal of chalk spoil from excavation to nearby field(s).

As we both know, 1 & 2 are submitted and go before the BHCC planning sub-committee on 18th June; no sign of the others on either the BHCC or LDC websites last Friday.

Top man :thumbsup:

That explains all the 6 now to be honest i can't see any of the 6 being too much of a problem.

When do the uni put their application in? does anyone know?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I, for one, am expecting a long long delay before building work starts.

After all, the plans will have to be redrawn after the stadium sponsors threatened to pull out if their logo wasn't incorporated into it. Wembley has it's arch, we have...

Attachments

• 173_385%20Falmer.jpg
    173_385%20Falmer.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 167

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I, for one, am expecting a long long delay before building work starts.

After all, the plans will have to be redrawn after the stadium sponsors threatened to pull out if their logo wasn't incorporated into it. Wembley has it's arch, we have...

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Right, so you're telling me a director of this football club that is currently struggling to get anywhere close to selling 9k seats is already telling their fans that they aren't welcome at a ground with over twice that number of seats?? For the simple reason of questioning that the stadium will get built in five years.....given the fact that the project has been a complete disaster so far and that the club are struggling to get the money together to pay for it and trying to cover it up??

Well in which case then I don't really want to spend my hard earned with that company then! So don't worry Mr Chapman, my cash will be staying firmly in my pocket! You can pass that information on from me next time you are smoozing at one of your "functions".

Or maybe you are making it all up?

Why don't you put your money where your fat slab of a mouth is, and ask him yourself?

And I don't schmooze him - what purpose would that serve? We were just chatting as two fellow Brighton & Hove Albion supporters would, and the subject of airheads came up...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here