Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Budget - next season

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I'm of the thinking that this £30 mil is how much more TB will pump into the club before he/the board believe we'll become a self financing club! :clap:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Spoke to a family friend who has 2 very good mates very high up in the Albion board.

Each of them told him that our budget is going to be in the region of 30 million, I thought he was pulling my leg when he told me.

Im expecting people on here to tell me im an idiot when I post this, but I am just passing on what ive been told.

If they put admission prices up to £ 680.00 per game you may well be right. Lets listen out .

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Although i think 30 Million is complete bollocks lets look at the wages side of it. I will use Lee Hendrie as an example. The club have said if he impresses he will sign. We must have a serious wage budget if we can sign a big name like Lee Hendrie. Granted he wont be on as much as his Villa days but lets get it right hes gonna be on a fair wack each week especially compared to the League one average. People just think of the Transfer fees when signing players. However if you are gonna spend 500k plus on players as i suspect we will do in the summer than you need to be able to fund the extra salarys per week and we have that capability now. Football players are no different to any other proffesion. If offered a decent/better wage they will be interested. I believe in the summer our transfer fee budget ALONE will be around the 3-5million mark. Blooms not gonna invest 90 odd million into the stadium and neglect the playing budget. 30 million is an over quote however expect the most exciting summer as a Brighton fan in a long long while.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
We must have spent a fair wack last summer and last January as it is and look where that got us! Bennett 200k, Dickinson 300k plus the deadwood such as Wright 150k and Davies 100k

I'm sure we are already in the top half of the league in terms of Budget.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
However if you are gonna spend 500k plus on players as i suspect we will do in the summer ....... I believe in the summer our transfer fee budget ALONE will be around the 3-5million mark.

I think you are confused!

But I do agree with you, I think it could be an exciting close season, transfer wise!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
If they put admission prices up to £ 680.00 per game you may well be right. Lets listen out .

Weii I reckon that's just the kind of stunt 'The Lizard' might well pull. It's an absolute OUTRAGE. Bloom out; sack the ground; ship The Samaritans in.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :rant:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
23 home matches at an average gate of 7000 and a ticket price of £20 gives an annual income of about £3.2 million. While I accept the club has other sources of revenue, TV money, cup and league prize money, sale of programs and replica shirts etc, it does seem that to spend £30 million a year would be tad foolhardy.

Not just foolhardy.

Against FL rules. [by about 900%]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here