Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Budget airlines you like.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Never flown First Class :( So budget for me and thefamily. Out of those i have flown,Monarch to Spain and Bmi to Greece, were ok. :albion2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Never had a bad experience on a flight whoever with

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
My experience of Ryan Air: No legroom, nothing to eat, nothing to drink, herded about like cattle and an hour late taking off.

But, I only paid £2.99 to fly from Gatwick to Shannon so I couldn't really give a toss about the service. You get what you pay for.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I treat Ryanair like an extension of Dublin Bus, and as a result it never fails me. No hold luggage, expect it to be late, overcrowded, hot and smelly. Its usually not all three at once like the 41C is though....

Never had a bad experience on a flight whoever with

Then you've never flown with Air Transat to Canada.....quite possibly the worst airline ever. Plenty of legroom if you're 5 foot 2-taller than that and you can look forward to being scrunched up for 7 hours.

Or are you a short arse?:lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Flew EasyJet to Rome, no complaints from me.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Compare the prices of BA and the budgets. It's like the difference between being a customer of the Albion and a customer of sussex cricket thing. BA let you choose your seat, give you a meal of sorts and if things go wrong, they'l at least usually give you dibs on a free hotel for the night. Little to choose between the budgets and BA pricewise IMHO and at least with BA you have some kind of feeling that they'll at least try to put things right.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
In order of preference/Good experiences

Flybe (pre booked seats, coffee and paper)
BMI Baby (pre booked seats)
Aer Arran (coffee and paper)
Easy Jet (no extras but the airbus just seems nicer than ryanair's 737s)
Ryanair (Does exactly what it says on the tin)

Can't say any were bad just some better than others.

My worst flying experience ever was with American Airlines Shannon to Boston. Shit Aircraft, shit FA's, Shit IFE and shit food

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Air Transit ? Canadian Airline ? The one that ran out of fuel and managed to guilde to The Azzores ?
:albion2:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Are Aer Arran a budget airline? My days of flying DUB->CFN with them suggested otherwise, wallet impact wise...

Flew from Cork to Birmingham very reasonably a few years back with them. No complaints at all

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Ryanair - Stansted-Prestwick once
Monarch - Gatwick - Athens once
Easy Jet - Gatwick and Luton - Athens loads of times

No complaints from me. All on time and no problems even when there was fog at Luton returning from Athens. The pilot still made his approach and said if he had 100 yards of visibility then he could manage it or else he would divert. He managed it just as the fog closed in.

DC Rules

Could It Be Forever?
Sep 19, 2006
Easyjet to Cologne, Rome and Venice from Gatwick, all fine.
Thomsonfly to Faro (Portugal) from Bournemouth, slight delay on way back otherwise fine

Bournemouth airport much better than Gatwick tho, easy, near parking, airport calm, no long walks to the boarding gate...will fly from there in preference to Gatwick in future if possible

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
ryan air (uk)
spicejet (india)
air asia & jet star asia (s.e asia)

& monarch scheduled (Uk) not to be confused with monarch charter (the worlds shittiest airline) BY A LONG WAY

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Best experience flying was on a Varig flight from Amsterdam to Rio, and return, on both trips there were only 80-100 people on the flight...I managed to secure myself a row of four seats near the back of the plane (on both flights), even with my 6ft+ frame it was enough room for me to get a really good nights' sleep.

Haven't had many bad experiences, despite flying with all the budget airlines, only had my luggage left behind by one airline and that was Air Canada on an internal flight...wouldn't have minded but it was the last leg of a very long and complicated journey, one of my mates was also on the flight and saw our bags on a trolley as we taxyed off toward the runway...he told the stewardess and was politely informed that there wasn't enough room in the hold for our bags.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Flew Flybe Newcastle to Belfast a few times and it was pretty good really -- just like a "normal" airline. Haven't had a bad experience on Easyjet or Ryanair either.

I've never been on it, but I'm a fan of India's Kingfisher air. It's an airline named after beer -- what's not to like?

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Then you've never flown with Air Transat to Canada.....quite possibly the worst airline ever. Plenty of legroom if you're 5 foot 2-taller than that and you can look forward to being scrunched up for 7 hours.

Or are you a short arse?:lolol:

It must be you. I've flown with Air Transat many a time and had no problem whatsoever.

Canjet from Toronto to the Bahamas were excellent and Easyjet to Prague and Cologne weren't too bad either.

A flight experience like no other ...

Aeroflot from Omsk to Moscow Domodedovo.

The seat they allocated me fell to pieces as soon as I sat in it. This does not inspire confidence in the capability of the plane to take off or land safely.

Domodedovo Airport has two terminals. One is provided for Russian passport holders. The other is for foreigners, who are put on a bus and driven the mile or so across the airport to reach it. This was very handy for the two of us who had a bus all to ourselves. Unfortunately, our luggage was delivered to the other terminal. It only takes a couple of hours to get back to the terminal where the luggage has arrived - understandable, because the bus isn't available for such a journey and you have to walk around the perimeter of the airport.

When you eventually find your luggage, you discover that Domodedovo is a handy 50 miles away from the city centre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here