Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Budget airlines you are happy to fly with ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Never had a problem with Easyjet on the few times I've used them, nor Ryanair on the one time I was with them.

Short-haul - you pays your money, you takes your choice. I'm a bit more choosey when it comes to long-haul.

All that said, Virgin Blue in Oz were head and shoulders above the two airlines I mentioned above.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Have only flown with Ryanair. The flight was delayed at Dublin, but no problems apart from that.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I have flown Easyjet, Ryanair, BMIbaby, Flybe and some others and I have had nothing to complain about as I fully accept it will be a no frills experience, but saying that I have never had any problems.

The worst experience I ever had was with American Airlines, shitty old aircraft, shit FA's, shit food and shit IFE

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
anyone know wot continental 777's out of LGW are like? off to EWK

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Have flown with Easyjet, BMIbaby and Ryanair and would rate them all in that order...all of them were good value for money, only once on Ryanair did I get delayed and that wasn't a pleasant experience...two hours sat on the pan at Stanstead in the middle of summer...nice!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
anyone know wot continental 777's out of LGW are like? off to EWK

I've flown with them to and from America (three times from Gatwick to Newark and once from Gatwick to Houston before connecting on to LA) on four occasions with no trouble to report whatsoever.

The planes are in good nick, the staff are friendly and courteous. and they generally tend to be reasonably priced for the trip. The food is fine by airline standards, and the IFE is usually good as well.

Would have no problem recommending them to others, based on my experiences.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've flown with them to and from America (three times from Gatwick to Newark and once from Gatwick to Houston before connecting on to LA) on four occasions with no trouble to report whatsoever.

The planes are in good nick, the staff are friendly and courteous. and they generally tend to be reasonably priced for the trip. The food is fine by airline standards, and the IFE is usually good as well.

Would have no problem recommending them to others, based on my experiences.

Sweet - getting them booked up tomorrow!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
as well as those above i have been sending staff to hong kong and back recently and have been using oasis. £125 return depending on when you want to fly and there have been no complaints from anyone, we have sent about 55 people on about 20 different flights and absolutely no gripes from anyone about anything.

£125 to hong kong cannot be argued with. they use 747-400s i think, all seats with personal tv screens etc.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I've flown with Easyjet loads of times, Ryanair twice and Monarch twice. All took off and arrived on time, all luggage safe and sound and no hassles.

gts big bruv

Apr 15, 2004
Tavistock
flew Ryan air from stanstead about 40 times last year , delayed twice , one cancelled flight
Flown BA 4 times this /last month delayed 4 times 1 sitting on the tarmac for 1 1/2 hours on a friday night waiting to get home with my mate texting me telling me how many pints he was having in our local
Ryan air every time for me

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You get what you pay for, if you want cheap and know what to expect then they are fine, what I am upset about at the moment is that I have paid for a BA flight next easter to the canaries but now told that Easyjet have bought GB airways so the flight will now be an Easyjet one - at least I can get my money back

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Found EasyJet fine when I flew with them.

Also flew Excel to Egypt- the return flight was OK, but the outbound was pretty crap. Achingly small seats, no TV screens (not even a large central one), and having to pay for food & drink on a five hour flight is not something I'd recommend.

Granted, I knew in advance what I'd paid for, but somehow, on long haul especially, it's nice to be able to order drinks & food when you like from the crew without having to fork out each time. Give me BA or Virgin every time.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
You get what you pay for, if you want cheap and know what to expect then they are fine, what I am upset about at the moment is that I have paid for a BA flight next easter to the canaries but now told that Easyjet have bought GB airways so the flight will now be an Easyjet one - at least I can get my money back

Don't bother with Thomas Cook unless you're under 5 ft tall, least amount of leg room than any other airline I've flown with.

:bigwave:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Only budget airline I've flown was RyanAir over to Shannon. Herded around, bundle for seats, no food, had to buy drinks, no leg room etc etc etc.

BUT, I'd paid only £60 return for 3 of us to fly to Ireland, it took 45 minutes, so couldn't give a toss.

Brilliant.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
as well as those above i have been sending staff to hong kong and back recently and have been using oasis. £125 return depending on when you want to fly

I'd be interested to hear how you get £125 return with Oasis. My experience suggests a min. fare of £99 each way. And that's before charges. Once you add those in you're looking at around £310. Which is a decent fare, don't get me wrong, but somewhat more than £125...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here