Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Budget airlines you are happy to fly with ?

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I try to fly scheduled when I go on holiday, I cant stand flying chartered

Ooh, sorry for offending your sensibilities. I too prefer to fly scheduled but as you were enquiring about budget flights I assumed you would consider the cheapest alternative albeit scheduled or chartered.

:bowdown:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Ooh, sorry for offending your sensibilities. I too prefer to fly scheduled but as you were enquiring about budget flights I assumed you would consider the cheapest alternative albeit scheduled or chartered.

:bowdown:

Eh, I wasnt offended, I was just commenting that I dont like chartered flights.

I'm not actually looking for a cheap flight, I'm just going to get my money back from BA when I can as I'm not going to fly with Easyjet when I have paid for a BA flight

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I'm not actually looking for a cheap flight, I'm just going to get my money back from BA when I can as I'm not going to fly with Easyjet when I have paid for a BA flight

Which is fair enough, of course.

You are aware that Easyjet are a scheduled airline and not chartered though, right?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You are aware that Easyjet are a scheduled airline and not chartered though, right?

I am, and I would generally have no problem flying with them, all of the no-frills airlines are a big step up from chartered flights, but I'm undecided on wanting to do a four + hour flight with Easyjet with all the hassles which go with it, they are ok for short away for the weekend flights but it different for medium haul.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS

Apologies Gazwag, I misread your reply as well as the thread, still new to all this!

:bigwave:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Used Ryanair a lot. Found them good value for money.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Easyjet now allow bikes on with hydraulic systems, so happy to use them. No existing experience of them though.

Monarch have always been excellent when I've flown with them. I normally manage to get offered free food from the staff as well. :D

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
You get what you pay for, if you want cheap and know what to expect then they are fine, what I am upset about at the moment is that I have paid for a BA flight next easter to the canaries but now told that Easyjet have bought GB airways so the flight will now be an Easyjet one - at least I can get my money back

I am in the same situation, have booked a flight to Rhodes through the BA website, however as this route is covered by the GB fanchise (soon to be sold to easyjet) I find myself with the choice of cancelling (yes, I get my money back) or taking the flight with Easyjet, but having paid for a full BA service.

There are a couple of interesting points here - firstly the same flight is STILL being sold on the BA website (as BA/GB airways) even though it will clearly not be a BA/GB flight and secondly of course if I cancel in the hope of rebooking (wii the seats be at a cheaper rate) when easyjet take over the route, will I get a seat ? The problem with easyjet is that you cannot book 11 months in advance like with BA.

Also I want to know if the times/days will be the same, as I would like to start booking hotels ( we are going to 4 Greek Islands and Rhodes is just the start/finish)

Not impressed at all!

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Flown Air Transat to Vancouver a couple of times, and it wasn't too bad (although they are famed for one of their planes running out of gas over the Atlantic). No frills as expected, and seating not brill but better than some (I'm 6'2" and on the larger side of large!). Don't usually bother what the entertainment is as I usually read or kip anyway.
Never had any real problems with Ryanair or Easy Jet, minor delays etc but nothing different to more expensive airlines.

North East Seagull

Jul 6, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Have flown EasyJet loads of times and have always been really pleased with them. However, you realise how bad their customer service can be when things go wrong.

In October, they cancelled my flight from Milan after we all checked in and simply told us to get our bags and come back tomorrow. No assistance whatsoever at the airport (despite their obligations under EU Rerulations). When contacted them about compensation, or at least re-imbursement of expenses incurred during 24 hour delay, thay said it wasn't their fault so weren't interested. I am still trying to get something out of them now.

If flying Easyjet make sure you know your rights and get some travel insurance!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Also I want to know if the times/days will be the same, as I would like to start booking hotels ( we are going to 4 Greek Islands and Rhodes is just the start/finish)

Not impressed at all!

As I understand it they will take over the same schedules, initially anyway, although the rumour seem to be, especially for the canaries, that this trip is too far for Easyjet and it may well disappear. Apparantly Easyjet will only have the GB Airways planes that can fly that far.

I agree it is very naughty for BA to still be selling the flights as BA and not Easyjet, its still another five or six weeks until us customers can do anything.

Debonair used to be EXCELLENT. Just before they went bust, I flew from Luton to Italy and back with them.

For some reason they failed to take the fare from my credit card.

Does anyone know why they went bust?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Debonair used to be EXCELLENT. Just before they went bust, I flew from Luton to Italy and back with them.

For some reason they failed to take the fare from my credit card.

Does anyone know why they went bust?

One 'low cost' carrier that I did fly with four years ago was Jetmagic from Cork to Edinburgh.

It was €93 return on a 35 seat embraer jet and we were served with wine, wraps, sandwiches and coffee. It was easily the best service I have had (I have never flown business class) but you just knew it would never be financially viable, especially as each flight had maximum of 15 passengers.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I flew with Air Arabia from Sharjah to Bahrain for the GP earlier this year.

Not bad at all.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Went on Easyjet for the first time when I went to Prague the other week. Couldn't fault them really. Plane on time both ways, for some reason all the punters rush up the back and leave the extra-legroom front row completely free for the likes of me. Oh, and they do a splendid hot bacon bloomer for about three quid :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here