Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Budget 2012

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The more I think about this, the more I'm coming round to [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION]'s view. c£80 a month is being brought into the house by the little chap currently. We might have to cut down on visits to both Wagamama and Yo Sushi now FFS.

Indeed, thats provided you didnt use it to pay towards childcare or education. But your visits to Wagamama were putting that straight back into the economy.

Jan 30, 2008
The more I think about this, the more I'm coming round to [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION]'s view. c£80 a month is being brought into the house by the little chap currently. We might have to cut down on visits to both Wagamama and Yo Sushi now FFS.
places to be seen in ???

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
To use a crappy analogy ;) :D Think of a meal out. It costs £30 now. You pay it and restaurant get £30 of revenue from you.

The restaurant wants more money so put it up to £40. You decide it's not worth it and don't have that meal and the restaurant get £0 revenue from you.

The restaurant alternatively decide to put the price to £35 and you decide that, yes you can stretch to that. The restaurant then get £35 in revenue.

In other words the restaurant get more revenue from meals being £35 than being £40.

But you don't HAVE to eat at a restaurant, whereas you do HAVE to pay tax?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
The other thing that should be means tested is the bus pass. My Dad, despite being a middle income earner, get's given a bus pass desite not needing it. Outrageous waste of money.

And, he can afford heating bu still gets a heating allowance. That should be means tested too.

Don't worry, we wont need bus passes when the NHS changes come in. People wont live long enough to worry.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Absolutely - Child Benefit is such a ridiculous thing - it should simply be scrapped completely and incorporated into other properly (or at least better) means tested elements of the welfare system.

Imagine the uproar from commuter belt Surrey if that happened though. It would be ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrr-central.

Perhaps someone can come on here and explain exactly why the Government should pay you for having children? ???

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
so that's roughly 560m per annum this could raise if every one of those is sold once every 3 years based on an average price of £6m

Way out. Sales are on AVERAGE every 7 years BUT once you get into a £2m place you move far less, why would you? maybe 20 years is average as many will die there
Did he 4,000 in the UK, as is being quoted, of simply that value if so it's way under, 4,000 sales would be closer & more relevant

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Don't worry, we wont need bus passes when the NHS changes come in. People wont live long enough to worry.

Instead of pathetic left-wing point scoring, how about you debate the actual problem? Bet your gutted that this budget seems to have gone down as well as it has.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Well, you don't HAVE to pay as much tax as such if you move your money offshore (and other tax avoiding measures etc.).... Worst case scenario, Mr Richman moves abroad (taking his business/etc. with him).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
places to be seen in ???

The joke on how middle England supposedly chooses to spend the money received from Child Benefit has passed you by. Bless.

Regardless, the day I take any sort of lifestyle advice from you is not likely to come any time soon. Thanks anyway.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Well, you don't HAVE to pay as much tax as such if you move your money offshore (and other tax avoiding measures etc.).... Worst case scenario, Mr Richman moves abroad (taking his business/etc. with him).

But I thought that didn't happen when the 50p rate was introduced?

Oh I dunno, it's all ifs and buts innit.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Way out. Sales are on AVERAGE every 7 years BUT once you get into a £2m place you move far less, why would you? maybe 20 years is average as many will die there
Did he 4,000 in the UK, as is being quoted, of simply that value if so it's way under, 4,000 sales would be closer & more relevant

I know, I was pointing out why this tax will raise less than the reduction from 50% to 45% will lose

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Yes, but it's how you pay it. On a far smaller scale, my recent shennanigans with the ownership of NSC has illustrated how earnings can be very simply legally 'manipulated' to reduce a tax burden.

Jan 30, 2008
The joke on how middle England supposedly chooses to spend the money received from Child Benefit has passed you by. Bless.

Regardless, the day I take any sort of lifestyle advice from you is not likely to come any time soon. Thanks anyway.
not at all, that's what i was referring too, hope that didn't go straight over your head. you'd be surprised at my life style :wink: Blatant snobbery don't you think

Last edited:

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
But I thought that didn't happen when the 50p rate was introduced?

Oh I dunno, it's all ifs and buts innit.

Given that the 50p rate didn't bring in anything like what was hoped for and the evidence put forward indicates that move revenue would be generated at 45p, it's clearly the correct route to go down yes?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Given that the 50p rate didn't bring in anything like what was hoped for and the evidence put forward indicates that move revenue would be generated at 45p, it's clearly the correct route to go down yes?

When you put it like that, yes.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Instead of pathetic left-wing point scoring, how about you debate the actual problem? Bet your gutted that this budget seems to have gone down as well as it has.

I have been debating the issues. Clearly you've not realised this. Never have the words of Neil Kinnock been so reasoned as they do now. When Milliband comes across as well structured then you know there are holes in the approach.

As for how well this has gone down? Depends if people are being altruistic or self centred. Tory approach is generally self-centred so I'm sure they're over the moon. However with a family and an elderly parent to worry about then the social infrastructure changes are my biggest concern. Sorry if this doesnt meet your agenda.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I have been debating the issues. Clearly you've not realised this. Never have the words of Neil Kinnock been so reasoned as they do now. When Milliband comes across as well structured then you know there are holes in the approach.

As for how well this has gone down? Depends if people are being altruistic or self centred. Tory approach is generally self-centred so I'm sure they're over the moon. However with a family and an elderly parent to worry about then the social infrastructure changes are my biggest concern. Sorry if this doesnt meet your agenda.

What about my points around a bus pass and heating allowance? All I got was a sarky comment about the proposed changes to the NHS that no-one really knows how they are going to play out.

As for your comment about the "Tory" approach, Labout bred a generation people who expected everything for nothing. They "why shouldn't I approach" that ultimately let to the burst of the credit bubble.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
What about my points around a bus pass and heating allowance? All I got was a sarky comment about the proposed changes to the NHS that no-one really knows how they are going to play out.

As for your comment about the "Tory" approach, Labout bred a generation people who expected everything for nothing. They "why shouldn't I approach" that ultimately let to the burst of the credit bubble.

Did they really?

Fine. You're clearly right. Now go troll someone else.

And whilst doing that, ponder on why millions are now paying more so Millionaires pay less? 14,000 millionaires will nowpay on average 10k less per person per annum.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Did they really?

Fine. You're clearly right. Now go troll someone else.

And whilst doing that, ponder on why millions are now paying more so Millionaires pay less? 14,000 millionaires will nowpay on average 10k less per person per annum.

I'm not trolling anything. I just don't like your politics of envy and I'm debating it. You still didn't answer my initial assertation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here