Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Budget 2012

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm sorry, but they've cut child benefit for middle income families and then slashed 5% off the top rate of income tax. Absolutely disgusting.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
More wealthy people will be encouraged to keep their money in England, rather than going abroad as they're scared off by the 50p rate?

Utter f***ing rubbish. Was there a mass exodus when the 50p rate came in? No. Will there be a mad rush to come to England? No.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ed Milliband's best ever performance as opposition leader to be fair.

He's almost convinced me.

almost.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm sorry, but they've cut child benefit for middle income families and then slashed 5% off the top rate of income tax. Absolutely disgusting.

Child benefit has to be one of the most absurd things that exists in our tax and benefits system.

That said, it's annoying that I'll be having to stump up my own cash for both Apple and apple products now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Agree.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was just think how pathetic he was looking. God; I'd hate to see a bad performance then.

The blokes a clown but he did well today.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
More wealthy people will be encouraged to keep their money in England, rather than going abroad as they're scared off by the 50p rate?
You need to have a think about his one.

Someone earning £200,000 a year now gets to keep an extra £200 a month (bringing home circa £10,000 a month). You think that earner will be swung by that sort of figure? Meanwhile, loads of middle income families are having child benefit removed. They'll notice that, I can tell you.

A really morally bankrupt budget IMO. Same old shameful Tories. Who'd have thought the LibDems would let them do it? Feeble.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
You need to have a think about his one.

Someone earning £200,000 a year now gets to keep an extra £200 a month (bringing home circa £10,000 a month). You think that earner will be swung by that sort of figure? Meanwhile, loads of middle income families are having child benefit removed. They'll notice that, I can tell you.

A really morally bankrupt budget IMO. Same old shameful Tories. Who'd have thought the LibDems would let them do it? Feeble.

Not saying I agree with it, just answering some who questioned their reason behind it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here