Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Budget 2012

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh , Wow !.. going to improve a few rail lines in northern England, thats really going to help he pay my increasing domestic bills and petrol costs getting to my job where I have not had a pay rise or a bonus for the last 4 years...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Stealing the Jock's oil reserves quick before they become independent :thumbsup:

Also, saving Wallace and Gromit.... what a guy

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Apparently, the coalition has taken a million people out from paying tax, yep, you don't pay tax when you are made redundant and on the dole...

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Breaking News Alcohol duty rates will not be changed. Tobacco duty will rise by 5% above inflation - 37p on a packet of cigarettes. The change starts at 1800 GMT today.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
7% on stamp duty properties over £2m. Is that right?

I guess those who can pay, should pay. But how many people are affected by that?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
7% on stamp duty properties over £2m. Is that right?

I guess those who can pay, should pay. But how many people are affected by that?

Guess that's the "mansion" tax - £140,000 tax to buy a house, even one for £2m sounds a hell of a lot of money.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Guess that's the "mansion" tax - £140,000 tax to buy a house, even one for £2m sounds a hell of a lot of money.

Will be interesting to see what this does to the housing market.

A top player in the mortgage industry has already said that this will do for the housing market what the gulliotine did for wig-makers.....

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Good budget. Fair; not out to penalise the rich, but make sure that they pay. OK, I know the 'lefties' won't be happy, as they always want to tax someone else, but that is morally wrong.

Agreed. Very good and the country is going in the right direction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here