Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Budget 2010

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Best rate 6.99% fixed for 2 years , £ 995 arrangement fee for 90%.

Best rate 3.34% fixed for 2 years, £ 995 arrangement fee for 75%.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
As some one who isn't a NEET but is facing the prospect of becoming one if work doesn't pick up in the next couple of years, that is a really really stupid comment.

I'm not facing being a NEET after sixth form because i'm lazy or because i don't want work, i'm, and most of the NEETS or those facing becoming NEETS soon, unable to find it. Its not there.

Don't judge my generation based on your generations NEETs. They are in totally different circumstances.

So you are not a NEET, but you maybe....in a couple years...if in your view something doesnt change...hmmm. Your position is no different to my eldest son and I have no doubt (and neither does he) that if he wants to work there are jobs to had. Maybe not the greatest paid or the occupation of choice, for some it may even mean taking unpaid voluntary or charitable work to build competence, skills and life experience, but work is there, particularly in this part of the country. And I think this applies to a number of generations as I have already said.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Of course your right and I am wrong again Simster. To be charged 7% with a £ 1000 arrangement fee with the Bank base rate at 0.5% is perfectly fair. I stand corrected by your superior knowledge on this marketplace.

Best rate 6.99% fixed for 2 years , £ 995 arrangement fee for 90%.

Best rate 3.34% fixed for 2 years, £ 995 arrangement fee for 75%.
You said 10% deposit, which I thought was reasonable. So you can f*** off with your stupid attempts at patronising me as you sound like you're about to cry. Yes, 6.99% is steep, but it's only for two years, and would prove to the lender that it can be paid back. It's certainly NOT a major issue.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The Chancellor said that the creative industries, including video games, made a "valuable economic and cultural contribution to the UK". Mr Darling said a tax credit system, similar to the one offered to the British film industry, would be introduced.

:clap::clap::clap:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This seems perfectly reasonable to me. 10%? Where's the issue with that?

Re read my post and see that you highlighted the a minimum 10% deposit is needed and did not hightlight the REST OF THE POST that said " to get a reasonable rate " , selective and incorrect to disagree yet again :yawn:, yes I get it I was rude to your little brother a while back and even though apologised numerous times you were not man enough to accept it and just look to score points in a pathetic and childish way at any opportunity. Lets just agree not to comment on each others posts from now as thats the best way to avoid any further conflict.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You said 10% deposit, which I thought was reasonable. So you can f*** off with your stupid attempts at patronising me as you sound like you're about to cry. Yes, 6.99% is steep, but it's only for two years, and would prove to the lender that it can be paid back. It's certainly NOT a major issue.

It is a major issue for every first time buyer I speak too, still of course you know more about this industry

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It is a major issue for every first time buyer I speak too, still of course you know more about this industry

you seem to have changed the point to suit, onto high interest rate. Simster asked whats wrong with a minimum 10% deposit. well, are you going to answer?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
you seem to have changed the point to suit, onto high interest rate. Simster asked whats wrong with a minimum 10% deposit. well, are you going to answer?
Of course not.

He'd rather cry about how little money he's making OVER AND OVER AGAIN and then accuse you of pretending to know more about mortgage advice than he does.

And incidentally I can honestly say I haven't got a clue what he's talking about with regards to being rude to my brother. I'm quite embarrassed for Gareth that he even wrote that.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oh ffs ok here we go I will try and explain.

The post I made stated the fact a ftb needed at least a 10% deposit at the moment which was highlighted and carried on with my main point that the rate being charged was very bad which was not highlighted. Now people are either thick, trying to provoke a reaction or fishing hoping for a binfest. Simster just highlighted the 10% deposit and then did not highlight the important part of the post which carried on to say to point about high rates. Now I find it hard to believe ftb's are happy paying 7% with large arrangement fees when the bank base rate is 0.5%, it is exploiting ftb's but Simster seems to think this is ok and ftb's are happy with it and I am saying I speak to ftb's everyday and they are not happy with this. This has arisen as there are hardly any lenders left and there is no competition in the marketplace and is a cartel of high street banks exploiting ftb's which huge profit margins on the 90% mortgage they charge. I would say a 10% deposit is a resonable commitment but the rate should be nearer 4-5% at the moment.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Of course not.

He'd rather cry about how little money he's making OVER AND OVER AGAIN and then accuse you of pretending to know more about mortgage advice than he does.

And incidentally I can honestly say I haven't got a clue what he's talking about with regards to being rude to my brother. I'm quite embarrassed for Gareth that he even wrote that.

FFS just do not respond to any of my posts from now on and I will do the same. That is the best way forward for both of us as I can't be arsed anymore.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not really the bloke is being an argumetative twat for the sake of it. Anyway he's on my ignore list now the first person in 10 years. No more getting wound up.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
The post I made stated the fact a ftb needed at least a 10% deposit at the moment which was highlighted and carried on with my main point that the rate being charged was very bad which was not highlighted. Now people are either thick, trying to provoke a reaction or fishing hoping for a binfest. Simster just highlighted the 10% deposit and then did not highlight the important part of the post which carried on to say to point about high rates

10% deposits and 7% interest rates are different issues though. one is quite reasonable, the other not. It seems we actually all agree on that and which one.

as for "exploiting" first time buyers, it may come as a shock that it is not a human right to buy a property and they can leave it. frankly, i dont understand why anyone would want to fix at 7% when they could get variable much lower and worry about the rate rises later - they are not going to get north of 7% in the next two years. people would be far better off on variable at the moment while budgeting/saving to cover a 1-2% rise over the coming years. i wonder though if thats the sort of advise thats given out to ftb (or anyone for that matter).

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
frankly, i dont understand why anyone would want to fix at 7% when they could get variable much lower and worry about the rate rises later - they are not going to get north of 7% in the next two years. people would be far better off on variable at the moment while budgeting/saving to cover a 1-2% rise over the coming years. i wonder though if thats the sort of advise thats given out to ftb (or anyone for that matter).

you cannot get a variable rate mortgage anymore , no lenders offer them so they only have the choice of a very few lenders and very few products typically 7% fixed for 2 years and a £ 1000 fee and that is/was the point

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
you cannot get a variable rate mortgage anymore , no lenders offer them so they only have the choice of a very few lenders and very few products typically 7% fixed for 2 years and a £ 1000 fee and that is/was the point

Yes you can - all tracker mortgages are variable rate.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yes you can - all tracker mortgages are variable rate.

Darren, your being a bit naughty. You know I mean the lenders variable rate which was what was being referred to. Yes a tracker is variable but variable to the Bank base rate a lenders variable rate can be increased or decreased when they see fit. Anyway there are no LENDERS VARIABLE RATES anymore.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

well if you want to be pedantic, i meant tracker which is essentially the same thing (the rate varies). And right now, Nationwide will offer a first time buyer a 2 year tracker at +4.13% (4.63%) rate or a 2 year fixed at 5.74. fees of £898 on each of those, or pay 0.3/0.2 more respectivly for a fee of £396. so 7% and £1k is a little wide of the mark.

as always consult a proper independent financial advisor. you have not been charged for this information.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
10% deposits and 7% interest rates are different issues though. one is quite reasonable, the other not. It seems we actually all agree on that and which one.

as for "exploiting" first time buyers, it may come as a shock that it is not a human right to buy a property and they can leave it. frankly, i dont understand why anyone would want to fix at 7% when they could get variable much lower and worry about the rate rises later - they are not going to get north of 7% in the next two years. people would be far better off on variable at the moment while budgeting/saving to cover a 1-2% rise over the coming years. i wonder though if thats the sort of advise thats given out to ftb (or anyone for that matter).

common sense post which i agree with completely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here