Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley won't be somersaulting.....

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Oh alright not hate but hostility.

Things like unimaginative writing and ego-stroking ways of saying things are irritating yes but I think it is creative and laudable to start an independent news report thing.

Surely we don't have a case here of... haters gon' hate?! :ohmy:

Last edited:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I have absolutely no truck with him - or anybody else - writing an article about The Albion, but what I object to is his constant waving of his Pomposity Pistol & his distinct lack of journalistic skills. If he was just providing a wee personal blog & sharing his views, he would receive far less flack IMO: but that just wouldn't suit his completely overblown sense of self-importance. "I'll get my Editor to tidy it up later...". Per-leeeese. :rolleyes:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Give us another poem, Tim.

Go on, please.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Gah.

I tried rewriting that, then I got bored. So stopped. With 2 minutes of work though I came up with something 100x better! Not much to shout about though really.

Can I get a job with Brighton & Hove News?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I admire his cocking a snook at conventional 'rules' of spelling, grammar and common sense.
:lolol:
It's done on my IPhone on the train. Just trying to give some info re the Albion my editor will tidy it up later.
If you want to be a journalist, you need to improve your English and your reputation. Post it an hour or two later, after you've fixed it.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
It's done on my IPhone on the train. Just trying to give some info re the Albion my editor will tidy it up later.
You have an editor?? I thought that site was something you threw together.

I am amazed that a) it has an editor, and b) He allows someone with basic lower GCSE writing ability to post stories on it! WOW!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Jeez...two many speling poleese on ere'...its not an exsam...I wood say 90% of peeple make mestakes om ere'...gad alife...if yer don't like,don't read.....seemples!

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
maybe you should try removing the comma key from your keyboard. obviously, no commas would be a bit of an issue but i think it would be an improvement over your almost random use of said punctuation mark.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Gave it a go. Note: I normally write Game Reviews for magazines and websites. I normally read over the article numerous times before submitting them. I wrote this in 10 minutes on my Iphone. Forgive me for mistakes but this is just a rewrite of that news article that I attempted. (I haven't proof read)

Gus Poyet today stated that despite Newcastle being clear favourites for the FA Cup 4th Round Match on Saturday he believes his side has the strength to topple the Black & White Giants providing they show the same level of skill and determination that was witnessed at the Amex Stadium against Sunderland in August.

He told Brighton & Hove News that he expects Alan Pardew to field the best squad available which could include former England International Alan Smith.
The American Express Community Stadium will be hosting its third Premiership team this season; with both Liverpool and Sunderland already hard fought matches by the Albion team which could have gone either way.

Vicente, Craig Noone and Kazenga Lua Lua are almost fully fit and are all within a shout of being named in Saturday’s line up. Gus is also hoping to bring in a new player for the game on Saturday against the Geordies with a potential signing on the cards but he fears negotiations could drag on until the 31st January.

Will Buckley admitted he was a plastic Newcastle fan as a youngster with Alan Shearer amongst one of his heroes. Sadly he was unable to see Newcastle play at St James Park. If the match comes to a reply though he may finally have one of his dreams come true. Despite recently being renamed “The Sports Direct Arena” the stadium is still one of most high profile football stadiums in the country.
Will Buckley is aiming for at least 10 goals this season and admitted that despite knowing that he hit the ball well in the 2-1 defeat of Peterborough on Saturday, it was most likely the wind that helped guide it into the back of the net.

Buckley finished by saying he wouldn’t be emulating Kazenga Lua Lua by throwing a somersault into his celebration on Saturday if he did end up scoring; through fear of damaging his hamstring.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Why does this guy get knocked so much. I for one am grateful of any news from the Thursday press conference and it doesn't matter to me if it's written in perfect English or not so perfect English. Didn't realise we had to have a first class honours degree from Cambridge to post on here. Thanks Tim, I enjoyed reading your blog.

You're right you don't need an English degree to post on here. However if you're writing as a wannabe journalist for an actual newspaper, you sort of need to understand things like grammar, and punctuation, and spelling. HB&B gets the stick he deserves because his writing is f***ing appauling, and although I'm sure he's a lovely guy, when his job is to convey information coherently in print, and he can't, it's a bit like offering someone a lift in a car with no wheels. Sure, the intention is nice enough, but the reality is what you're offering is useless and actually quite annoying.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Here's my effort:

Toon Big Guns Expected By Poyet

Albion v Newcastle FA Cup Special

By Twinkle Toes (not present at The Amex Press Briefing)

Manager Gus Poyet thinks The Albion have a chance causing an upset against the latest Premiership opponents.

Visitors Newcastle will start the game as clear favorites, but the Albion boss feels his side could claim another big-name scalp if the team perform at a similar level to the one they achieved when they dumped Sunderland out of The Carling Cup in August.

He told Brighton and Hove News that he expects opposite number Alan Pardew to name his best available team for Saturday's FA Cup clash. The late 5.30 pm Kick Off time is due to the live television cameras being in attendance, although the Albion boss has instructed his players to follow their normal Saturday match day routine.

The Uraguayan supremo said how delighted he was that Newcastle would be the third Premier League team that The Seagulls have faced at their new home - and how exciting that was for fans and players alike.

Recent injuries to Craig Noone, Kazenga Lua Lua and Vicente have seemingly responded favourably to treatment, so it could be that all three players are now in with a genuine chance of being involved this Saturday.

Poyet also disclosed that a new player could even be signed in time to play against the Geordies, although any negotiations could drag-on right up to the transfer window deadline on January 31. Interestingly, he said that he a number of additional targets that were "almost on stand-by" if a proposed deal was to fall through.

The impending arrival of the famous Black & White Stripes will be particularly special for Albion hot-shot Will Buckley - who was a Newcastle fan as a boy. In fact, legendary Toon striker Alan Shearer was one of his footballing heroes, although the Brighton star admitted he hadn't actually seen Newcastle play at St James Park.

Buckley also talked about his intention of bagging at least ten goals this season and commented on his goal at Peterborough last week. He said he knew he’d hit it well, but thought the wind had played it's part in aiding the powerful Free Kick which flew into the Posh net.

One thing he (Buckley) won't be doing on Saturday, however, is attempting to emulate teammate Kazenga Lua Lua's trademark goal celebration. Should Buckley get on the score-sheet again, he said he definitely won't be somersaulting - as it might damage his hamstring!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
at the weekend i am going football
i am going with my friends
i like going with my friends
when i go football with my friends we drink beer
i like beer
i hope we win when we go to the football at the weekend.

Questions looks ahead to this weeks mouth watering clash with premier League giants Newcastle in his 'Not to be missed weekly blog'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here