Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley v Harding

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry didn't make myself clear, yes he did against Harding but I was really saying about the many other times it happened against other full backs and instead of attacking them we laid off of them a couple spring to mind against Portsmouth in Div 1 we stopped attacking Ben Haim and Greg Halford when they switched positions and also against Birmingham last season the left back was booked early on and we left him alone and if I remember right we did the same against another full back I think it was Leeds.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
i reckon Harding will deal with him this time and last the whole game and we shouldn't be worrying about harding its more like these players we should be worrying about McGugan
Reid Lansbury Blackstock Sharp and if cox plays

Harding is a quality fullback though isn't he, even Messi wouldn't get past him..

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I thought Billy Sharp had to retire after Lewis dunk broke his leg in 25 places with that horror tackle last season?

It was the most disgusting tackle of all time. If you look closely you see Dunk punch Sharp in the face 4 times as they're on the way down.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone looking forward to this match-up, big time?

PG

The game at Elland Road a few years back (I think it was the 3-3) was great fun as well. Harding lasted just as long in that game, and that was mainly due to the stick he was getting from Albion Fans.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Sorry didn't make myself clear, yes he did against Harding but I was really saying about the many other times it happened against other full backs and instead of attacking them we laid off of them a couple spring to mind against Portsmouth in Div 1 we stopped attacking Ben Haim and Greg Halford when they switched positions and also against Birmingham last season the left back was booked early on and we left him alone and if I remember right we did the same against another full back I think it was Leeds.

I'm really not sure even you know what your point was meant to be.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can think of 2......

Nigel Adkins
Dan Harding

:lol:

Oh good point. Not sure Adkins really rated him either, notice that he was generally on the fringes at Saints, and was binned the instant they got promoted. Which is a shame, as we'd all have liked to watch him up against the likes of Bale, Aguero, Rooney and so on. I'd have sat up for MOTD just to watch it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Actually, I think I've noted on here before how we have in the past tormented a defender, seen him booked, and then we ease up instead of pressuring him and taking advantage of him being on a tight rope.

No, that wasn't so much the case with southampton and dan harding, but in other matches it has been.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Actually, I think I've noted on here before how we have in the past tormented a defender, seen him booked, and then we ease up instead of pressuring him and taking advantage of him being on a tight rope.

No, that wasn't so much the case with southampton and dan harding, but in other matches it has been.

Which was my point but I got carried away and you put it better than me.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will Billy Sharp be allowed on the pitch with his mobility scooter ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Harding has already been shown up a few times in the games we've played against Leeds.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
So they have Sharpe who was so injuries by Dunk he can no longer play football, a left back who ended up crying the last time Buckley turned him inside out and the Forest fans are convinced that they are on for an easy win. Could be an interesting game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here