Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Jesus Christ. All I've said was he's played against Lewes a non league team and everyone is saying he's world class and im saying lets see what he's like against tougher oppistion like Hull away. The bloke hasn't even played in the English league before.

Brian+stoning.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Looked like a turned ankle, hopefully just a precaution, he looked lively while he was on, 2nd half so much better than the first.

Nice meeting you by the way mate, cheers again for sorting the ticket, much appreciated!

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
The bloke hasn't even played in the English league before.

I don't mean to be jumping in but he did play against Stoke in Europa League last season. If my mate, who went to both the home and away legs, is to believed - he was the best player on the pitch when Valencia won at the Britannia. He said he was far better then a club like Brighton and couldn't believe he had gone to us. So I guess, at least by the measurement of that footballing sage Andy Gray, he can do it anywhere seeing as he's done it on a Thursday night in Stoke.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Jesus Christ. All I've said was he's played against Lewes a non league team and everyone is saying he's world class and im saying lets see what he's like against tougher oppistion like Hull away. The bloke hasn't even played in the English league before.

As opposed to playing against, say, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Athletic Bilbao, Athletico Madrid, Real Betis etc etc...?

But no, you're right - playing against Hull City is his Red Letter Day to find out if he is the real deal...

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
He seemed super fit, surprised me with his speed and always wanted the ball and when he was on it oozed class. Looking forward to seeing him against Hull to see if he is the real deal!!!!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Dorchester coming up next. That will tell us far more than his Champions League experience ever could.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I live in kemptown and am now worried someone may think I am kemptown seagull.
FWIW from my time reading this board it doesnt matter if you have 20 posts or 20,000 - either way there are plenty of people ready to call you on being a tit.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I think if he can cope with Barca, Real et al, Bolton and Wolves shouldn't be an immense issue even if he isn't quite at his peak anymore.

Everything so far points to an utterly class act - remember when we signed him how the Stoke fans (who saw him against them last season) were raving about him?

Absolutely, its ridiculous to suggest the guy wont cope in the championship. By all accounts he's clearly a higher level player, we're just lucky to have him

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I mean he used to play for VALENCIA ffs. Think about it, without Real Madrid and Barca they would be the top team in Spain. They are like Arsenal are here and it is an equivilant league to ours, two of the best leagues in the world. Christ

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
As opposed to playing against, say, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Athletic Bilbao, Athletico Madrid, Real Betis etc etc...?

But no, you're right - playing against Hull City is his Red Letter Day to find out if he is the real deal...

Wrong. Red letter day is DEFINATELY Hastings Town. Fact.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I'm reading with amazement... We are trying to build a squad that may be capable of getting us into the prem and people are still questioning the standard of player that Gus is bringing in!

If you are still worried about the above can you please ban yourselves immediately?

Or

Let us know what exactly, your expectations are?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here