Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruce Springsteen Coming to the UK with the E-Street Band + New Album

Can't afford to go but enjoy the show all those who got tickets for "The Boss".

Saw him live at Earls Court 2001 I think - love his albums, heard a lot about how good he was live and thought "go on, impress me!" - he did bigtime - mind duly blown. Have to say that the E-Street band are also pretty damn fine - Clarence nearly got as big a cheer as Bruce when the band came on stage. Bruce's on stage chat and introductions are nearly as much a part of the show as the music!

..Pity he didn't do Jungle Land or Atlantic City when I saw him though.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
You lucky bugger !!!!!
That's someone who didn't have to do the "Ticketmaster Shuffle" then !!!
Hope you're a Springsteen fan . . .

Yep, all the way back to the days when I'd rave about him, and everyone would reply "Bruce who?".

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
O2 Arena have unofficially confirmed a 2nd date on the 20th Dec

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
O2 Arena have unofficially confirmed a 2nd date on the 20th Dec

Not doubting it (and not surprised), but where did you hear that?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Not doubting it (and not surprised), but where did you hear that?

mate of mine rang them today and thats what they said, no reason for my mate to lie so only presuming its true myself :p

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
mate of mine rang them today and thats what they said, no reason for my mate to lie so only presuming its true myself :p

Odd - I've just asked my contact (Senior Vice President at AEG Live - AEG own the O2 arena), and his reply was "No".

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Odd - I've just asked my contact (Senior Vice President at AEG Live - AEG own the O2 arena), and his reply was "No".

yeah read on a Bruce fansite that they tried to get a 2nd date but negotiations fell through or some bollocks!

anyway....anyone actually got their tickets yet?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
my GOD this has come around quick, getting the train up in the afternoon, anyone know what station is best to head too? victoria or somewhere else?

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
my GOD this has come around quick, getting the train up in the afternoon, anyone know what station is best to head too? victoria or somewhere else?

London Bridge and then its just 4 stops on the Jubilee line to North Greenwich. The O2 is about a 2 minute walk from the tube station!!!!!!

Bruce Springsteen to play Arsenal's Emirates Stadium in 2008

Story by Jack Foley

BRUCE Springsteen and The E Street Band have announced three UK stadium gigs for 2008, including a night at The Emirates Stadium, home to Arsenal FC.

The Emirates gig will take place on May 30 and will be followed by a date at Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium in June. It kicks off at Manchester’s Old Trafford Stadium on May 28, 2008.

Springsteen’s gig will be the first to take place at the new home of Arsenal, which opened in July 2006.

Bruce Springsteen’s 23rd album Magic was released on October 1 through Columbia Records and debuted at No. 1. It has since passed Platinum status.

The E Street band is comprised of Bruce Springsteen (Guitar/ Vocals), Roy Bittan (Keyboards), Clarence Clemons (Saxophone), Charles Giordano (Accordion/ Keyboard), Susan Kirschner (Violin/ Vocals), Nils Lofgren (Guitar), Vivienne Springsteen (Guitar / Vocals), Garry Tallent (Bass), Steven VanZandt(Guitar) and Max Weinberg (Drums).

The dates are (all 2008):

May
28 – Manchester Old Trafford Stadium
30 – London Emirates Stadium

June
14 – Cardiff Millennium Stadium

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
London Bridge and then its just 4 stops on the Jubilee line to North Greenwich. The O2 is about a 2 minute walk from the tube station!!!!!!

oohh ta mate will check it oooot

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

The Boss Is A LEGEND :bowdown:

I waited 19 years for tonights gig and it was everything and THEN some I expected, truly a masterpiece of musical excellence alongside a quality E Street Band.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Last night at the O2 was a fantastic show by the Boss. Over 2 1/2 hours on stage (gone are the days when he used to do 4 hours). I have to say that I have been to hundreds of concerts over many years and the sound at last nights gig was the best I have ever heard. We were in the 4th tier right in the middle and it was mind blowingly brilliant (and very very loud!). Bit more of a queue after this gig and we ended up on the 1am from Victoria!

Radio Nowhere
No Surrender
Night
Lonesome Day
Gypsy Biker
Magic
Reason To Believe
Because The Night
She's The One
Livin' In The Future
The Promised Land
Waitin' On A Sunny Day
Working On The Highway
Racing In The Street
Devil's Arcade
The Rising
Last To Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands

Girls In Their Summer Clothes
Jungleland
Born To Run
Dancing In The Dark
American Land
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Absolutely top gig. Despite his years, he just gets better and better.
First time at the O2 for me, and was quite impressed.
Wish I'd got tickets for his summer gigs now!

Got back to Gloucestershire at 3am .. bit blurry this morning!

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Absolutely top gig. Despite his years, he just gets better and better.
First time at the O2 for me, and was quite impressed.
Wish I'd got tickets for his summer gigs now!

If you go to

http://www.ticketzone.co.uk/indevent.cfm?groupcode=gr121

(this is the link from the Official Bruce Springsteen Website) they still have standing tickets for the Millennium Stadium gig on Saturday 14th July and limited seats for Old Trafford on Wednesday 28th May.

The Emirates on the 30th May is sold out.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Second Emirates date now Added !

Standing & Seating available

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Got back to Leicester at 3.30am, driving through the freezing fog. Worth it, though!

Tickets were free anyway, as my brother-in-law was the joint promoter. Gave my spare one to a fan that had travelled from Paris without a concert ticket (and had got there quicker than I did from Leicester!).

Great gig, though the acoustics were poor where I was.

But here's the bummer... making my way back to Luton station, I finally noticed a text message from my brother-in-law: "Do you want to come backstage for a drink?". :censored::thud:

Lush

Mods' Pet
Last night at the O2 was a fantastic show by the Boss. Over 2 1/2 hours on stage (gone are the days when he used to do 4 hours). I have to say that I have been to hundreds of concerts over many years and the sound at last nights gig was the best I have ever heard. We were in the 4th tier right in the middle and it was mind blowingly brilliant (and very very loud!). Bit more of a queue after this gig and we ended up on the 1am from Victoria!

Radio Nowhere
No Surrender
Night
Lonesome Day
Gypsy Biker
Magic
Reason To Believe
Because The Night
She's The One
Livin' In The Future
The Promised Land
Waitin' On A Sunny Day
Working On The Highway
Racing In The Street
Devil's Arcade
The Rising
Last To Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands

Girls In Their Summer Clothes
Jungleland
Born To Run
Dancing In The Dark
American Land
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

Pah. Call that a set list? THIS is a set list!

26/05/81 Brighton Centre

Prove It All Night
Out In The Street
The Ties That Bind
Darkness On the Edge of Town
Factory
Independence Day
Two Hearts
Who'll Stop The Rain
The Promised Land
Johnny Bye Bye
This Land Is Your Land