Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Broadfield Satdium... East Stand Development watch.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
It's a temp stand with a material roof and when they know where they are in a few years can be removed. Simply to meet football league capacity rules.

Word on the Crawley forum is that a proper roof without pillers would have cost circa £1.5million.

If they built a 6k capacity proper stand down there they'd be getting slated as they'd never fill it.

I think they've been quite sensible, 2,100 stand which brings them above the 5k mark for FL rules, If they do become a success in L1 and need to expand then they can from there. They may even make it into the Championship (far off I know, Speculating here) then they may want to knock the whole thing down and build a Keepmoat style 15k bowl.

Building slowly and steadily is a wise move in my book and very commendable. We don't want another Darlo now do we.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Surely its not THAT much more expensive to have a small cantilever roof supported from behind. Having dozens of pillars in the way is abysmal for viewing.

northampton30.jpg

Summink simple like this at Northampton would be do-able I'd have thought.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Crawley is awash with Palace. Both sets of fans are made for each other.

your be surprised to hear that there is probably more Brighton in Crawley than you think. your be surpirsed how many people from crawley are actually in the Amex on a home day. Its not just peple from good old Brighton.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
your be surprised to hear that there is probably more Brighton in Crawley than you think. your be surpirsed how many people from crawley are actually in the Amex on a home day. Its not just peple from good old Brighton.

I'm in and around Crawley more often than I like and I regularly see loads of Palace. In all of my years of conducting business in the area, I haven't seen one Albion fan-anywhere so I would be very surprised.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Forward planning by Crawley ? More redevelopment over the next 2 or 3 years will mean they will be able to groundshare with Palace at Broadfield when Smellhurst has been demolished and they're wating for their new stadium is being built.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Have more money than Gretna. and bigger gates, better players, better future all round.

Gretna had no history, no real support, and had money thrown at them. When the money dried up (in sad circumstances it must be said) they proved to be unsustainable and promptly disappeared. I can see Crawley going the same way as their support will not fund their budget if anything happens to their money men ( whoever they may be).

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Surely its not THAT much more expensive to have a small cantilever roof supported from behind. Having dozens of pillars in the way is abysmal for viewing.

northampton30.jpg

Cobblers. :jester:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I'm in and around Crawley more often than I like and I regularly see loads of Palace. In all of my years of conducting business in the area, I haven't seen one Albion fan-anywhere so I would be very surprised.

well having lived here for 38 years I can tell you there is as many if not more than Palace in crawley.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

northampton30.jpg

Something like that would look much better and probably cost less than a couple of million to build but I think the temporary nature of the new stand suggests that it will be properly re-developed in the future, probably when the whole stadium gets rebuilt.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Gretna had no history, no real support, and had money thrown at them. When the money dried up (in sad circumstances it must be said) they proved to be unsustainable and promptly disappeared. I can see Crawley going the same way as their support will not fund their budget if anything happens to their money men ( whoever they may be).

I dont see the differance, Crawley dont really have a history (bar last 4 years) Money has not been thrown at them, they had an owner that was a crawley fan who gave money to buy players (Tony Bloom ring any bells) and they earnt a boat load in a cup run last season £2m which as I understand they have not speant yet? They didnt pay a penny for any players in this close season and made £400k in one transaction getting a player on a free and selling him to B/mouth 2 months later. The club is going in the right direction with a very good board, a very good manager (albeit a nob) and the support is continually increasing, average approx 2 years ago was 1200 now its close to 3000. I say they are doing something very right.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I wouldn't trust that fat, sweaty gobshite, horrible man with any money. He'll ruin the club while he's in charge eventually but have to admit he's doing well there.

Last edited:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I wouldn't trust that fat, sweaty gobshite with any money. He'll ruin the club while he's in charge eventually.

its a good job you dont have to then, he has brought very good players in the last few years at decent money. He must be doing something right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here