Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Broadfield Satdium... East Stand Development watch.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Thought some people might be interested and couldn't see a thread.

The second link has a video detailing the plans.

crawley1.jpg
crawley2.jpg

The development would bring the capacity to around 6000, must be temporary as it only takes 2 weeks to build!

BBC News - Crawley Town Football club unveils new stand plans

Crawley Town | News | Latest from the Broadfield | Latest from the Broadfield | Club unveil East Stand plans

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I guess they're gonna have a similar east stand to Blackpool's one hence the supporting pillars. I read they're going to have the away end as shoved in that new south east corner too.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Am i missing something? Why would anyone give a toss about Crawley's stadium plans?

Errrm fellow Sussex club, nearest rivals plus i'm sure there a few Crawely based Albion fans that might be interested.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
But interest enough to come onto a thread entitled "Broadfield Stadium East Stand Development"?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Errrm fellow Sussex club, nearest rivals plus i'm sure there a few Crawely based Albion fans that might be interested.

Crawley is awash with Palace. Both sets of fans are made for each other.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
But interest enough to come onto a thread entitled "Broadfield Stadium East Stand Development"?

Took the words right out of my mouth backson.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I thought it was interesting. So I clicked, and I looked.

That is all.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Do they ever sell out?

Rarely but they tend to sell out the seated allocation. I reckon this development could easily put 500-1000 on their current attendances.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
errmm, tinpot non league side, in no way 'our rivals'. No Interest.

That is League Two and the real world, my son. Plymouth fans were saying how 'non-league' the ground was a few weeks ago and look how shit things have gone for them very quickly after playing Newcastle in the league TWO years ago. Don't get complacent or your words could come back to haunt you.....

Last edited:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Good luck to them. Always good to see a small club advancing by investing in their ground, wherever they happen to be based.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Shame the roof isn't cantilevered as is the trend nowadays, poles look outdated... but as pointed out it is probably not a permanent stand.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Temporary or not, surely a proper roof (ie without pillars obstructing the view) could have been achieved??

Blackpool built a stand down one side of their place with pillars everywhere, ridiculous. Aren't Crawley supposed to be loaded?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here